Why does Spamcop get such bad scores from SSL Labs server tester?

After reading about the OpenSSL Heartbleed security discovery, I started checking all of my important email vendors and web hosting, credit union etc. They all seem to have reacted quickly, and patched their systems, and posted info on what they have done.

Not Spamcop though. There is no post anywhere indicating that Spamcop is either safe, or that they are working on it. Why?

In an effort to figure out if Spamcop's servers still had the unfixed SSL code, I found SSL Lab's Server Test, and discovered that this test rates mail.Spamcop.net an "F" for the security of SSL.

Why is Spamcop so bad, and why should I not be concerned?

Hi, netmammal,

...Perhaps some of the articles regarding SSL already posted to the SpamCop Forum will help answer the question. To find them, type "SSL" into the text field that's near the top of almost any SpamCop Forum web page between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO" and then click either of the buttons. If you have any further questions after reading through some of those articles, please do return here to post follow-up "replies."

Why is Spamcop so bad, and why should I not be concerned?

Seems spammers are grabbing passwords and email addresses!

So yes be worried!

However use for SpamCop Email these settings

smtp.cesmail.net

port 587

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action...mp;run=toolpage

SMTP TLS OK - Supports TLS.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps some of the articles regarding SSL already posted to the SpamCop Forum will help answer the question. To find them, type "SSL" into the text field that's near the top of almost any SpamCop Forum web page between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO" and then click either of the buttons.

Followed your instructions, but all that Google comes up with is this thread.

Followed your instructions, but all that Google comes up with is this thread.
...Odd; perhaps you have a problem unique to your setup. Here are the first few of many entries that I see:
Why does Spamcop get such bad scores from SSL Labs server tester ...

forum.spamcop.net › ... › SpamCop Email System & Accounts‎

Apr 9, 2014 - 3 posts - ‎3 authors

In an effort to figure out if Spamcop's servers still had the unfixed SSL code, I found SSL Lab's Server Test, and discovered that this test rates ...

Encrypt login pages in SSL, or the entire site - SpamCop ...

forum.spamcop.net › ... › New Feature Request‎

Mar 23, 2012 - 1 post - ‎1 author

Hi! I suggest to encrypt the login & the registration pages of the web site in SSL, or better: the entire site. Personally, I don't feel secure to create ...

SSL pop connection errors (port 995) - SpamCop Discussion ...

Apr 9, 2006 - 4 posts - ‎2 authors

Using outlook 2003. When I set the client to get mail from the SSL port 995 for pop3. I get the following error. image ht ...

SSL Certificate expired again - SpamCop Discussion - SpamCop.net ...

Sep 28, 2013 - 20 posts - ‎12 authors

Not sure if 'email support' has dropped by lately, but the security certificate for 'webmail.spamcop.net' has just expired, causing dire browsing ...

SSL Certificate - WebMail servers - SpamCop Discussion

forum.spamcop.net › ... › Discussions & Observations › Announcements‎

1 post - ‎1 author

Sep 27, 2007 [19:49 EDT] The SSL certificates for several of our servers will expire today. Unfortunately, the SSL provider we purchase certificates from is down ...

SSL Certificate Faked - SpamCop Discussion

forum.spamcop.net › ... › Geek/Tech Things › Software Issues‎

Jan 27, 2009 - 2 posts - ‎2 authors

In that case a researcher demonstrated a 'collision' (two different strings with the same hash value) using a partial implementation of the MD5 ...

SpamCopWiki: SSL - SpamCop.net (Forum)

forum.spamcop.net/scwik/SSL‎

Jul 4, 2009 - Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and its newer replacement Transport Layer Security (TLS), are cryptographic protocols that provide security and ...

Archived