My MH config show an entry I never added!

I see in my mailhost config the following:

Mailhost name: Local

Email address: (my own e-mail address)

Hosts/Domains:

mola.asclme.org

fche.csb

f5.idiot-dog.com

idiot-dog.com

Relaying IPs: (empty)

Now, I'm pretty sure I never added this mailhost entry.

Is this a security issue?

Now, I'm pretty sure I never added this mailhost entry.

Is this a security issue?

Probably not. Especially if you're not absolutely sure.

I'd resubmit your own host to check the routing is correct but you may prefer to raise it with Don, the SC admin who is the person who knows most about the Mailhost stuff - service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Andrew

I'd resubmit your own host to check the routing is correct but you may prefer to raise it with Don, the SC admin who is the person who knows most about the Mailhost stuff - service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Andrew, I was not adding the "Local" entry in MH. I was adding a completely different one.

I saw that entry right after having completed training my MH config for the new entry, but I can't say if it was there before.

Also, in the training messages I got back there is nothing pointing to this entry (apart a 127.0.0.1 relay at end, if this is somehow related to the "Local" entry).

However, thank you for remembering me the SC service e-mail: I couldn't find it.

Curious as to where you did look that this data doesn't exist.

I couldn't quickly find it in the SC site and in my mail contacts.

Anyway, I entered into this forum because the "Edit mailhost configuration" page suggests to ask here (first?). Besides, I see Don is often replying to messages here.

Hi, giampaolo!...Does Miss Betsy's reply in SpamCop Forum "thread" "Mailhosts Typical Questions" sentence starting with "If a mailhost record already exists ..." clarify this situation?

I would say it doesn't match what I see.

Betsy is basically saying that the MH training process attempts to merge together paths (servers) identified by other users and related to the mail domain one trains. I believe these "merges" happen inside the trained MH entry.

Instead, in my case I see a "Local" MH entry which is different from the one I trained. Besides, domains in "Local" seems not related to any mail domain I know of. Further, there is no ip address defined for this MH entry, which is weird...

I sent a message to Don, but didn't yet get a reply. It maybe this MH entry entered somehow in my config and I don't want to worry or bother anybody anymore with this less-than-a-glitch problem.

So I'm probably going to remove that MH and turn QR back on.

Thank you all anyway,

Giampaolo

Archived