Pasted Report Missing Body

David40

Quick question about certain spam email I try to Report. I copy the entire headers from Outlook Express to the clip board. When I paste the contents to the Reporting window at spamcop all the text that was in the body of the email comes out as blocks of seemingly random letters.

Normally I delete any text added by my antivirus software so that they don't get reported as part of the spam, but after Pasting, the added text become a part of the jumbled letters that the spamcop system properly un-translates from this jumbled code once it is reported. Is there a way to Paste the reported email in a way that I can edit out the unwanted antivirus text in the Reporting window?

Thanks

Hi, David40!

...In order for us fellow SpamCop users to be able to help you, I believe that we will need some additional information from you, starting with:

• What problem do you believe is being caused by the antivirus text? As far as I am aware, the content of the text of the e-mail should be largely irrelevant to the main goal of the SpamCop parser, which is to find the source of the spam.
  • From where is Outlook Express pulling your e-mail?
  • What antivirus software is in play (probably not terribly important but may help those knowledgeable about it)?

AFAIK, "programmic" changes to the spam body made by the mail client - AV system are allowed, no need to delete/undo. If it comes to that the body may be 'pared down" to any desired degree (but retaining a minimum of one blank line and the leading character(s) following and/or a notation indicating deletion/truncation so the parser can detect the end of the headers).

Archived