[Resolved] Greylisting loses Amazon email

My wife has a Kindle. When she makes a purchase, Amazon sends a confirmation email.

Amazon's mail server retries 6 times then gives up.

Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of Greylisting?

I've repeatedly gone into "Manage Greylist -- Rejected Entries" and ticked the Unblock - Allow box on the Amazon related entries but the problem persists.

Put both the Amazon "From" address, and "Return-Path" address on her SpamCop whitelist. That should bypass greylisting.

Put the exact address on the whitelist. No wildcards or anything. Just the address.

Just so there's no confusion... I work for the reporting side of SpamCop, which is a completely separate company from the Email Service you have your account with. If the problem is not about spam reporting, all I can offer is advice.

- Don -

Put both the Amazon "From" address, and "Return-Path" address on her SpamCop whitelist. That should bypass greylisting.

<snip>

If the problem is not about spam reporting, all I can offer is advice.

- Don -

...And, if I'm reading it correctly and there have been no changes since, your advice is supported "officially" by trevorb's reply in SpamCop Forum article "New Feature: Greylisting *UPDATED*" (last paragraph). :) <g>

...mgolden, please let us know whether or not this works for you by adding a reply here.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived