Just joined Im not sure who to send my spam with this method

32Francis

Hi I used this way of sending this on the next post, and it didn't work (to answer See next post)

Am I sending it to the right person ? ---- submit.***************[at]spamcop.net

When I joined the site said

Forward your spam to: submit.-------spamcop.net or:

Paste entire spam (headers, blank line, body) - or - single address (one line only)

It states use your spam cop email (they don't mean forward my email to the spamers)

After getting errors of sending this, I received

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

(like ---if reported today ( It would be sent to )( edit opps " sent "Not send to-->) truongpd[at]viettel.com.vn

and about 8 other email address

I tried removing 12 or so maybe some where doubles)

This isn't to get rid of my email address to unsubscribe then whats the point of joining

I thought this site was supposed to prevent spam?

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13574

Do it in this order or it won't work:

While viewing the message, click on MORE at the bottom of the message. (Not the one at the top)

Click VIEW FULL HEADERS.

Copy the full headers by clicking CTRL A then CTRL C.

Close that window by clicking OK.

Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard

Type in your SpamCop reporting address in the TO field.

Paste the full headers (Click just below the Subject, then CTRL V) near the top of the message.

Click SEND

(I've noticed that many times when I use my shortcut name for Spamcop, when I click SEND it says there is no recipient in the To field and I have to type it again. I use spamcop as my shortcut name, but sometimes it changes to just 'spam' in the To field. Not sure why but it does it all the time.

Do it in this order or it won't work:

While viewing the message, click on MORE at the bottom of the message. (Not the one at the top)

Click VIEW FULL HEADERS.

Copy the full headers by clicking CTRL A then CTRL C.

Close that window by clicking OK.

Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard

Type in your SpamCop reporting address in the TO field.

Paste the full headers (Click just below the Subject, then CTRL V) near the top of the message.

Click SEND

(I've noticed that many times when I use my shortcut name for Spamcop, when I click SEND it says there is no recipient in the To field and I have to type it again. I use spamcop as my shortcut name, but sometimes it changes to just 'spam' in the To field. Not sure why but it does it all the time.

Am I sending it to the right person ? ---- submit.***************[at]spamcop.net

The submit address is supposed to be a hidden address where you forward email as an attachment. The attached email is expected to be sent to the administrators of the IP address.

This isn't to get rid of my email address to unsubscribe then whats the point of joining

I thought this site was supposed to prevent spam?

Submitting spam through SpamCop is only able to do some small stuff to stop spam. They cannot hack into your email. They prevent the spam by using the block list of bl.spamcop.net and they also prevent repeat spam by notifying the proper authorities who will take appropriate action.

After I "Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard"

I send the (edit attached email) that was spam to the address to submit.[at]spambot

and hit send

So I did send the forwarded messages to submit[at]###spamcop

I got 7 error messages back from spamcop

I also received

htpp//*******

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 1************** (Administrator of network where email originates)

truongpd[at]viettel.com.vn

report[at]vncert.vn

tiennd[at]viettel.com.vn

abuse[at]viettel.com.vn

spam[at]viettel.com.vn

abuse[at]fptonline.net

postmaster[at]vietel.com.vn

So I do submit theses emails on the spam box web site process spam thing

or just truongpd[at]viettel.com.vn

in the process spam thing

and the rest will be reported

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 1********* (Administrator of network where email originates)

truongpd[at]viettel.com.vn

report[at]vncert.vn

tiennd[at]viettel.com.vn

abuse[at]viettel.com.vn

spam[at]viettel.com.vn

abuse[at]fptonline.net

postmaster[at]vietel.com.vn

Welcome, 32Francis, glad you joined us!

After I "Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard"
...Depending on what your e-mail client (software) does when you "Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard," that may not be the correct action. From what I gather about most e-mail clients that offer a "Forward" option, that action will usually forward only the body of the spam. The SpamCop Parser expects to see the entire spam, including the internet headers, which seems to normally be done by using a "Forward as Attachment" option. Please see the SpamCop FAQ articles that follow the label "Forward as Attachment Instructions" for additional information and instructions on how to Forward as Attachment for several commonly used e-mail clients.
I send the (edit attached email) that was spam to the address to submit.[at]spambot
..."[at]spambot?" That's a typo, right? The correct address will end with "spamcop.net," not "spambot."
<snip>

I also received

htpp//*******

<snip>

...If you would provide that TRACKING URL, it would help us help you. Since the parse had errors and therefore can not be submitted, no damage can be done by providing it here, unless possibly if there are yours or other innocent individuals' e-mail addresses that can be seen after clicking the "View entire message" link in the parse.

I did find the link in the FAQ , but I cannot even find how to change my mail settings for the past hour

(EDIT I mean this more in a humorous type of way)

It is more practical just take my time to make money and pay someone instead of wasting my time.

Unless there is another way to send the email adresses

Ah, the empty body message I see with your tracking URL. When I get these, I have to paste them in and add a blank line after the header alone with a note such as "[no body]". If the message has no bodyt, you will need to do this. See http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...hl=body+missing for that.

Archived