[Resolved] spam Assassin flagging 2010 mail?

I'm getting incoming messages flagged as spam, that used to make it through OK. spam Assassin is marking them as FH_DATE_PAST_20XX. Does it have a problem with 2010?

>- X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on blade2.cesmail.net

>- X-spam-Level: ***

>- X-spam-Status: hits=3.4 tests=FH_DATE_PAST_20XX version=3.2.4

It looks like 2010 dates on emails are generating 3.4 hits with SpamAssassin. Not good. That can put otherwise ordinary email over the limit and get it sent to the Held Mail folder.

I notified Jeff's support team.

- Don -

I notified Jeff's support team.

Not sure about what that meant, so used it as an excuse to call JT directly, on the off chance he'd be available. He advised that this will be looked at shortly. Passing on the thanks for the heads-up.

This is a known SA bug affecting a LOT of systems. Here's what I received from cPanel:

The Quality Assurance team discovered a bug within the SpamAssassin ruleset that will

mark messages sent in the year 2010 (that's today) and beyond with a higher spam score

than expected. This bug can result in legitimate mail being flagged as spam.

The cPanel Development team has issued a hot fix that will address this issue and will

automatically update the SpamAssassin ruleset to resolve this issue. If you have

automatic cPanel updates enabled, no further action is required.

If you do not have automatic cPanel updates enabled, you can manually update the

SpamAssassin ruleset by executing the following commands in a root shell:

/scripts/autorepair spamd_y2010_fix

For a more detailed explanation and information on resolving this problem on a non-cPanel

environment, please review:

https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/show_bug.cgi?id=6269

The test no longer appears to be firing on my Spamcop.net email, so either it got patched automatically, or JT has (quietly) fixed it.

DT

This is a known SA bug affecting a LOT of systems. Here's what I received from cPanel:

The test no longer appears to be firing on my Spamcop.net email, so either it got patched automatically, or JT has (quietly) fixed it.

Jeff quietly fixed it. Thanks to everyone who jumped right on it and posted here and wrote to support[at]spamcop.net.

Support

Archived