[Resolved] problem logging in/reporting

dra007

as of 2:20pm I cant get into mailsc.spamcop to report spam..has anyone noticed the same problem? It aborted during reporting and no I cannot even log on...it was a smooth run just prior to that..

It is very slow and last try it came with a scrambled do not try to reset password line...seems to be a server problem...The web mail works fine, sucks to see a crash like this again...makes me feel guilty..it's not the first time it happened during a reporting run..

now it comes with an interestin page exhibiting just the spamcop logo...deffinitely a wiered behavior!

as of 2:20pm I cant get into mailsc.spamcop to report spam..has anyone noticed the same problem?

I was just about to post the same thing, the "members" reporting page just keeps popping up the basic authentication box asking for my username and password.

as of 2:20pm I cant get into mailsc.spamcop to report spam..has anyone noticed the same problem? It aborted during reporting and no I cannot even log on...it was a smooth run just prior to that..

It is very slow and last try it came with a scramled do not try to reset password line...seems to be a server problem...The web mail works fine, sucks to see a crash like this again...makes me feel guilty..it's not the first time it happened during a reporting run..

It just came back for me.

they may be working on it...it's quite unstable at the moment.

I just tried again and it's letting me log in, but when I click on 'Report Now' I'm getting just an empty page w/ a Spamcop header.

I just tried again and it's letting me log in, but when I click on 'Report Now' I'm getting just an empty page w/ a Spamcop header.

I suspect someones working on it?

Broken for me also

I will change the Topic Title and Description after this Post. The word "problem" sure foesn't say much .. the desciption of 'mail' is totally incorrect.

Yes, there is an unannounced problem at the www.spamcop.net server farm. The 'mailsc' sub-domain also uses those same servers.

I have cafted an 'Announcement' that will be shown in al sub-Forums and made a Post into the Announcements Forum section to at least make it known that there is a problem recognized with those systems, albeit nothing official from paid-staff is available thus far.

There was an issue with DNS this morning. It was repaired at about 1 pm PST.

Would that also account for me receiving the following reporting account suspension email about 20 minutes ago (23:41 UTC)

In the 24 hours starting Wed Mar 3 03:27:57 2010, you have submitted over spams for processing, which exceeds our daily submission limit. No more submissions will be accepted. Your reporting account is disabled. Please reply if you are reporting spam in good faith and feel your account should be reinstated.

or have I done somthing wrong in submitting more than (blank) reports?

Would that also account for me receiving the following reporting account suspension email about 20 minutes ago (23:41 UTC)

No, that's a separate issue, and we're working on it.

No.

You are the second to ask about this scenario. Thr first was in another Forum section http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=74193 .... although a DNS issue was suggested, and assumedly fixed, I will stand by my statements that there was/is an issue with the 'server farm' which includes a number of different systems performing and maintaining different datasets. At this point the assumption would have to be that your account has been flagged (again assumedly wrongly) ,,, but if the e-mail went out, it probably will require manual intervention by the Deputies to clear the flag.

Edit: and while I was typing this Post, kmolloy Posted with the "we're working on it" statement. Will add this to the Announcement Topic.

Nope, no issue with the servers. DNS was wonky so you couldn't get to the servers, and now we have another issue in the suspensions which is unrelated. Ops is working on it, and when I know more, me or Don will post.

I'm having problems reporting via email today. I do not believe it is a problem with my system, although, theoretically it could be (been having problems with KMail due to KDE 4.4 upgrades! :angry: ) I can forward emails to SpamCop from my system, but they never seem to show up.

I did an experiment and moved a couple messages I was trying to report to my "held mail" folder via IMAP and that worked wonderfully.

I don't know if it is related to the problems that are being reported here and on the reporting websites, but I thought I'd post this message here and see if someone is aware of the problem.

Thanks!

Despite the lack of feedback from paid-staff, I am tagging this as currently Resolved ... justification offered in the Announcements Forum section Topic.

No, I am not going to even try to interpret the stats graphic content.

Archived