our DNS Blocked

helpdesk1

Not having and rDNS is not good, but that's not the problem.

A little further down the page, it says:

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 20.2 days. It has been listed for 4.4 days.

In the past week, this system has:

Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

Been witnessed sending mail about 830 times

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Thursday, April 15, 2004

8:00:00 PM -0400:

Received: from -.-.com ([64.14.6.93])

by - (- - - -.- - -.- (- Jul - -))

with - id <-[at]-> for -[at]-.ca- Thu,

- Apr 2004 -6-6 -6- (-)

Subject: - shaw suspected junk email - question about -

A rDNS has nothing to do with a spamcop.net listing.

However many mail servers, like AOL.COM will not accept e-mail from a mail server with no rDNS, and some will not accept e-mail from one that does not match the name that the mail server claims to have.

So you should fix the rDNS in addition to getting resolved what ever is getting your mail server listed.

See the pinned topics about why you are blocked. The most common reason is that you have some mis-configuration or infection in your mail server, and it is allowing every criminal on the internet to use it for free.

With out a working rDNS, it is quite possible that no one knew to send the abuse reports to you.

Spamcop.net reports were sent to abuse[at]exodus.net, so your provider exodus.net should have notified you of the problem before spamcop.net listed you.

The mail-abuse.org shows spam samples from October 2003 for your I.P. address.

A spamcop deputy will need to look at the full spams and spamtrap contents and might be able to determine what vulnerability there is in your mail server, or if some mistake has been made.

Your server has been sending to spamtraps. These are e-mail addresses that have never sent any mail, and could not have possibly opted in to anything.

In order to send to a spam trap, your server either has to be compromised, or abusively autoresponding to spam or viruses instead of using SMTP reject codes.

Is one of your users using one of those spam filters that claim it can bounce spam? It can't. All it can do is spam someone else with it, like a spam trap address.

Do you have a virus scanner set to tell innocent victims that someone sent a virus claiming to be them?

-John

Personal Opinion Only

My domain is blocked by spamcop.net recently. After I go to http://www.spamcop.net/ to check my email domain' s problem. It shows - DNS error: 64.14.6.93 has no reverse dns. However, no rDNS does not mean we send spam, right? Please help to remove my domain from the spam list ASAP. Our staffs are keeping lost contact to clients.

If you are an admin for IP 64.14.6.93 please write to deputies <at> spamcop.net and I will have more information for you.

Archived