SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI

Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

> My ISP blocks reports to SC
Lodewijk
post Dec 22 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Membera
Member No.: 10335

I still have "fuel" in my SC account, and would like to continue using it.

Today my ISP -Alice- let me know that unfortunately in their new Webmail there is no option to add trusted email addresses -as was possible in their previous Webmail version. And using MailWasher to forward spam to SC I get the message that "The SMTP server cannot or will not send the message (etc.)", and below that appears my SC email submitting address. I suppose my ISP's spam filter reads "spam" in the address, and "thinking" it is spam, blocks it.
In the old Webmail I had added my SC email address under "trusted addresses", and the reports were submitted to SC.

My ISP advised I use another mail host for that now.

I just posted on the MW forum asking if by adding a -still to be made- Gmail account address to MailWasher, as well as to my Opera mail, and changing my address on SC account also to that new one, I could still keep my old address, but have MW report spam to SC using that new added address.

I guess that is possible. I would have to get the WM Pro version -the free one only allows 1 address- and have SC send the confirmation request emails to me via that new address.

On the other hand, I wonder if I could report spam I get via my current address without the use of MW Pro to SC via a new still to get Gmail address. I have never used a different mail host besides my ISP's, but I have a Google account.

This post has been edited by Lodewijk: Dec 22 2011, 04:45 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:14 AM