SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI

Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

> No working link to forums, Internal search denied by Google, Forwarding from Windows Live Mail not working
Shane Steinmetz
post Feb 23 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10575

ISSUE 1: internal search denied by Google

Description:

Trying to search the SpamCop website using the given search function from within the help pages results in the following response from Google:

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go to spamcop.net and login as a reporting account.
  2. Click Help in the top right corner.
  3. Under Search SpamCop, type any text into the search input and make any selection from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click Search:.

ISSUE 2: no link to the forums from spamcop.net

Description:

Attempting to access the forums from within spamcop.net's "help" section of the main website simply redirects to the help page, but does not actually direct the user to these forums.

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go to spamcop.net and login as a reporting account.
  2. Click Help in the top right corner.
  3. Under Popular FAQs Include, click How can I contact a SpamCop representative? (note: this link brings you to http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html)
  4. Click SpamCop forum
  5. You are directed to http://www.spamcop.net/help.shtml#forum which appears to be the same page you were viewing on step 3.

ISSUE 3: forwarding from Windows Live Mail not working

Description:

I have been trying for the past few weeks to forward spam e-mails as attachments to my personalized 'submit' e-mail address provided by SpamCop. At first, the sum of all attachments exceeded 50KB and I realized the error I was making. Since then, I have consistently ensured that my attachments don't exceed that amount. I do not receive a response from the server. The only time I do receive a response from the server is if I send only one e-mail attachment rather than multiple ones, even when added together they are far below 50KB.

When I do receive a response, I receive a link to complete the reporting as I should.

Mailhost name: carismachurch.com (I don't know why this was picked, as I have no affiliation with this website and it does not appear to be an ISP of any kind)
E-mail address: revieweroftime !at! silverinterlocution |dot| org
Hosts/Domains: webserversystems.com

Below is a sample of a spam e-mail I am forwarding as an attachment to my submit address, headers only.

Return-path: <risk.manager[at]aicpa.org>
Envelope-to: revieweroftime[at]silverinterlocution.org
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:07:12 -0600
Received: from apn-46-76-241-115.dynamic.gprs.plus.pl ([46.76.241.115])
by r3-chicago.webserversystems.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <risk.manager[at]aicpa.org>)
id 1S0YO7-0001BN-In
for revieweroftime[at]silverinterlocution.org; Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:07:12 -0600
Received: from (192.168.1.23) by aicpa.org (46.76.241.115) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.0.685.24; Thu, 22 Feb 2012 14:07:09 +0100
Message-ID: <4F463322.708060[at]aicpa.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2012 14:07:09 +0100
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100921 Thunderbird/3.1.4
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: <revieweroftime[at]silverinterlocution.org>
Subject: Your accountant license can be revoked.
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="------------09010800801080901010402"

Steps Taken to Resolve:

Attempted to contact SpamCop admin using the website's contact form, and got a response from Richard/SpamCop saying that the ability to use Windows Live Mail with this service isn't known, and I may be having problems because of Microsoft's tendency to use proprietary format in their software. I also described issue #2 and was given the forum link.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:21 AM