SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI

Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mail/dns issues
dra007
post Mar 21 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #41

Been There
Group Icon

Group: Memberp
Member No.: 777

What happened to our beloved Wazoo? He was usually pretty effective sorting this type of thing out or at least keeping us informed?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ex_Brit
post Mar 21 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 466

I was wondering that too.

The system is back up but a day's worth of spam is missing in action along with emails I know I should have received.

The Email System news states: We discovered and resolved a problem earlier today which was delaying delivery of inbound mail to user mailboxes. No mail was lost and all mail is being delivered.

I trust that means lost mail is being retrieved?

--------------------
Peter
10+ year SpamCop Mail Subscriber
+Quote Post
stans07
post Mar 21 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 3297

POP and webmail both seem to be back. I can't vouch for any missing mail though . . .
+Quote Post
Windrider6
post Mar 21 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 596

Lack of good customer service. No notice of any kind about the outage where people can find it (SpamCop Email System News, the "main webpage" www.spamcop.net, or the Forum Announcements).

SpamCop/IronPort doesn't seem to care about keeping their customers informed. Or maybe they want to stop providing filtered e-mail service?

--------------------
- If at first you succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
-
- Bruce A. Johnson in Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
- E-mail: Bruce[at]BruceJohnson.ca
+Quote Post
svanslyck
post Mar 21 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #45

Group: Membera
Member No.: 909

OR - as I said early on in one of these posts - maybe they're more concerned on working on fixing the problem. Sheesh, people. Give 'em a break. No one's perfect.
+Quote Post
DavidT
post Mar 21 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #46

Been There
Group Icon

Member No.: 63

QUOTE(svanslyck @ Mar 21 2012, 02:40 PM) *
OR - as I said early on in one of these posts - maybe they're more concerned on working on fixing the problem. Sheesh, people. Give 'em a break. No one's perfect.

True, but you must not have been around during the many previous outages to watch the lack of information. Communications is NOT their strong suit (the two guys in Georgia, that is). Of course, the "California crew" isn't much better, as evidenced by their orphaned/abandoned Facebook group named "Spamcop friends and users." If you have a Facebook account, search for that group and you'll see what I mean...

DT

This post has been edited by DavidT: Mar 21 2012, 04:44 PM
+Quote Post
ViRGE
post Mar 21 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Membera
Member No.: 7055

QUOTE(DavidT @ Mar 21 2012, 04:41 PM) *

True, but you must not have been around during the many previous outages to watch the lack of information. Communications is NOT their strong suit (the two guys in Georgia, that is). Of course, the "California crew" isn't much better, as evidenced by their orphaned/abandoned Facebook group named "Spamcop friends and users." If you have a Facebook account, search for that group and you'll see what I mean...

DT
I think it's safe to assume at this point that we're someone's personal side project, rather than being something Cisco/Ironport actually cares about.
+Quote Post
turetzsr
post Mar 21 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #48

What Life?
Group Icon

Group: Membersph
Member No.: 59

QUOTE(ViRGE @ Mar 21 2012, 05:53 PM) *
I think it's safe to assume at this point that we're someone's personal side project, rather than being something Cisco/Ironport actually cares about.
...Again: SpamCop has nearly nothing to do with and, IIUC, absolutely no control over the workings of "SpamCop e-mail" (CES). They are entirely separate operations, except insofar as they cooperate in allowing "SpamCop e-mail" customers to use SpamCop's reporting service and perhaps some of the revenue from the $30 per CES e-mail account.

--------------------
..Regards,
...Steve T

...A Happy SpamCop.net reporting user (not an employee)
...Please avoid replying via e-mail, as it is not secure
+Quote Post
Ex_Brit
post Mar 22 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 466

To the the average user it's all Spamcop.

This post has been edited by Ex_Brit: Mar 22 2012, 05:55 PM

--------------------
Peter
10+ year SpamCop Mail Subscriber
+Quote Post
appyface
post Mar 22 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 7975

I have not yet received all of my mail. Likewise for a relative's email account. (People that know how to contact us in ways other than email have asked if we've received their emails.)

I expected (hoped?) either the sender would have received a bounce by now, or the sending mail server would have retried at intervals, and should have met with success already...? But neither has happened... yet...

Most people have only my email address for a contact, so I have no way of knowing how many emails I have not received. Where would they go if they haven't bounced or been delivered?

(Note: These emails are either forwarded from another account to Spamcop email, or sent directly to my Spamcop email address. Not POP'd.)

This post has been edited by appyface: Mar 22 2012, 12:01 PM
+Quote Post
DavidT
post Mar 22 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #51

Been There
Group Icon

Member No.: 63

With some servers, if they initially can't deliver, they'll wait up to three days before giving up entirely. So *maybe* it will all eventually arrive, or maybe not. I'm in a terrible situation, in that I sent in an application for an IT job on Monday, just before all this crap started happening, and now I don't know if they may have tried contacting me for an interview. Hey guys in Georgia--this is screwing with people's lives!!!!!

DT
+Quote Post
turetzsr
post Mar 22 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #52

What Life?
Group Icon

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(Ex_Brit @ Mar 22 2012, 04:32 AM) *
To the the average user it's all Spamcop.
...Indeed, that's why I mentioned it! It is reasonable for users who are unaware of the facts to expect SpamCop (Cisco/ Ironport) to have some control over a service called "SpamCop e-mail" -- but they don't!

--------------------
..Regards,
...Steve T

...A Happy SpamCop.net reporting user (not an employee)
...Please avoid replying via e-mail, as it is not secure
+Quote Post
email_support
post Mar 22 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: SpamCop Staff
Member No.: 9737

QUOTE(appyface @ Mar 22 2012, 12:42 PM) *

I have not yet received all of my mail. Likewise for a relative's email account. (People that know how to contact us in ways other than email have asked if we've received their emails.)

I expected (hoped?) either the sender would have received a bounce by now, or the sending mail server would have retried at intervals, and should have met with success already...? But neither has happened... yet...

Most people have only my email address for a contact, so I have no way of knowing how many emails I have not received. Where would they go if they haven't bounced or been delivered?
(Note: These emails are either forwarded from another account to Spamcop email, or sent directly to my Spamcop email address. Not POP'd.)

When the sending mailserver failed to connect yesterday it should have notified the sender that the mail was not sent, that an error occurred.
+Quote Post
dbiel
post Mar 22 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #54

Been There
Group Icon

Member No.: 447

QUOTE(email_support @ Mar 22 2012, 06:08 PM) *
When the sending mailserver failed to connect yesterday it should have notified the sender that the mail was not sent, that an error occurred.
It looks like not all mail has made it to the inbox or held mail folder. I had to have one user resend the message. I did a test to multiple email address that all forward to my spamcop address and they all were received quickly. At least that is some good news.

--------------------
This forum is a user support forum. The Moderators and Forum Admin are volunteers (not paid) and have no special direct relationship with SpamCop.net.
If you have been unable to receive the assistance you need here please see How To Contact SpamCop Staff
Thank you for your participation in our peer to peer, user based forums.
+Quote Post
email_support
post Mar 23 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: SpamCop Staff
Member No.: 9737

QUOTE(dbiel @ Mar 23 2012, 12:06 AM) *

It looks like not all mail has made it to the inbox or held mail folder. I had to have one user resend the message. I did a test to multiple email address that all forward to my spamcop address and they all were received quickly. At least that is some good news.

When you say not all mail -- are you talking about mail sent after DNS was restored? If before DNS was restored then we were not receiving any mail during that period because we were invisible.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:48 PM