SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI

Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Been working fine for years....., New spam getting past Spamcop and Gmail filters both
digilect
post Apr 9 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6865

I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, please advise if not.

Lately it seems that I have been getting spams with a bunch of word salad and a link to yahoo groups. These spams are difficult for Spamcop to pick out for some reason, and I have been diligently reporting them for about a month now. The gmail filter is starting to pick them up more but they are still escaping detection from Spamcop most of the time. Is there something I should be doing different to prevent these new weeds from popping up?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Farelf
post Apr 9 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #2

What Life?
Group Icon

Group: Membersph
Member No.: 491

Seems to be primarily a matter of the SC mail account settings and Yahoo Groups spam, moving to the e-mail forum where SC staff and/or other SC mail users more likely to see it.

The most common problem with filter evasion used to be when the spam was spoofing your own e-mail address and that address was whitelisted - people seem to be aware of that trap now but please check (don't assume) and advise. You might need to provide a Tracking URL for a recent instance of one of those spam slipping through your SC filters so staff or other SC e-mail users (I am neither) can get a better look at what is happening.

--------------------
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:24 AM