Reporting problems today?

mrmaxx

Trying to report spam that has been held, but it's just sitting there spinning when I click on "Unreported spam saved: report now". Not sure if it's SpamCop or corporate firewall trying to block me from reporting spam on company time. :unsure:

Not only can I not submit spams, I can't even read the latter pages of this thread ...

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something new, my attempts to submit are followed by several requests for my credentials that sometimes go unrecognized so yes, it is in fact looking very broken right now, far from making progress we are heading for the abyss...

SpamCop v 4.6.2.001 © 1992-2012 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Failed to load spam header: 5367304918 / a69023922732173bda85145892fd6424

Everyone except spammers please note:

The e-mail address following "Forward your spam to:" may have been changed, please start using new e-mail address immediately.

Using old "Forward your spam to:" e-mail address will not get a response back from SpamCop.

Does the new address automatically apply to quick reporting, or do we have to reapply for a new permission?

SpamCop is running slow, but it's working. For now.

Maybe it was when you posted that, but it's not now, the “Report spam†page lacks a link to a page that reports current status, and no attack can be blamed for that.

I can't even visit the top level page (i.e. www.spamcop.net ) without errors now. I got "error when processing directive" then I got one concerning authorization. And now I have one stating "Sorry, your account has been disabled". Just noticed that I have an e-mail claiming that I have exceeded the daily submission limit which is ridiculous,

William

Does the new address automatically apply to quick reporting, or do we have to reapply for a new permission?

No re-apply is needed, just start using the new e-mail address following "Forward your spam to:" please.

We are not done fighting!!

Please hang in there with us. We will get this fixed! I promise!!

Old spam is old news. If you have submitted spam you haven't reported yet, it would be good if you will log into your account and use the "Remove all unreported spam" link, then start fresh.

SpamCop is running slow, but it's working. For now.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

That's not the case out here, where it has not gotten back to even 'slow' yet. In fact, the situation has gone to FUBAR within the last hour.

:(

Your "Submit" address has NOT changed.

The address you forward your spam to will work just fine once SpamCop is repaired.

We will NOT be assigning new email addresses to users once this is over. There is absolutely no need for it.

SpamCop is acting more and more crazy as time goes on.

Please be assured that our entire team is working on this.

Well, it’s certainly out of control. If and when they get it back to like it was before, SpamCop can expect my support to be as strong as ever. Right now, however, there's nothing to support, no knowledge of exactly what's going on and no way to help.

Your "Submit" address has NOT changed.

SpamCop is acting more and more crazy as time goes on.

Please be assured that our entire team is working on this.

Don

Can you tell us what the entire team consist of?

Has CISCO gotten involved?

Is Julian still with the project>

Thanks

HJP

This is what I'm currently getting when I try and submit spam - I've already cleared my unreported spam -

SpamCop v 4.6.2.001 © 1992-2012 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Failed to load spam header: 5367347668 / 8fc9bf0fb344d3d3a19800135c218e7c

The problem does seem to still be intermittent as I managed to report a couple of spam this morning :(

I can see new-ish posts to this thread if I use the "lo-fi" version ... but I can't respond to/quote posts: all I can do currently is reply to the OP.

I can't get to www.spamcop.net at all, now. It does seem this problem has been going on for some time, now ... and I have lots of spams sitting in the queue somewhere. I guess there's some comfort in knowing I'm not alone, but I am very frustrated.

I can see new-ish posts to this thread if I use the "lo-fi" version

That is all fine but according to SpamCop, if you are using Outlook for your e-mail client then the headers of the mail are completely skewed by Microsoft. I actually had my account locked out and was mandated to use a plug-in to submit my spam via attachment using it. In this case I cant get a thing to go through 95% of the time.

I got the same error message:

:An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.2dc731d0.1341857168.475ba3b"

I've been having problems with the reporting site on & off for the past week. I've tried to report spam through my e-mail instead but doesn't always show up in the report history. :huh::huh:

That is all fine but according to SpamCop, if you are using Outlook for your e-mail client then the headers of the mail are completely skewed by Microsoft. I actually had my account locked out and was mandated to use a plug-in to submit my spam via attachment using it. In this case I cant get a thing to go through 95% of the time.

Are all of your apples oranges, or only some of them?

We are all Cisco employees. Some of the engineers have been around for many years.

Julian stayed with us as a consutling engineer for two years and then moved on.

so, can we expect that all support for spamcop will be dropped shortly or what?

i'm confused, and spamcop still isn't working, and i just paid again. right when it stopped working. perfect.

:angry: :(<_<

>- can we expect that all support for spamcop will be dropped shortly or what?

Geez... There is simply nothing like the wild speculation we see when there is trouble.

SpamCop will be fixed!! I promise!!

I've had the timeouts, but not this one yet:

"500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, your request could not be processed.

Typically, this is the result of a temporary problem. Please re-try the operation which caused this error in a minute or two. You can even leave this error screen open and use your browser's "reload" button to re-try. Please do not press reload repeatedly though. Pressing the button more often does not resolve the problem faster. It just makes a bad situation worse.

If you believe this is a bug which occurs only under specific circumstances or have observed the problem frequently, please contact us with a full description of the problem."

I've full confidence that the challenge will be met successfully. One of these days... soon. :D

Not getting much spam anyway, only 4 today. Must be due to all that reporting I did sometimes 4-5 times a day.

<snip>

What for did you set up a Twitter account recently? There's no status update! :blink:

...The problems with SpamCop reporting and the Twitter account, which is for the CES e-mail service (completely separate products, completely separate support staffs, completely separate companies -- see http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/SpamCopReporting and http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/SpamCopCorporateEmailService) have no relation to each other.

Archived