SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI


 Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

 
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PopGate Supported Proprietary ISPs
Jeff G.
post Jan 20 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #1


T-shirt wearing out
Group Icon

Group: Membersph
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2-July 04
From: Northeast New Jersey (New York Metro Area), USA ... Please read my sig. :)
Member No.: 2041



Proprietary ISPs MSN Hotmail, MSN, AOL, and Yahoo! are supported via a special gateway called PopGate. Please use the following configuration on the POP Configuration page at https://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/popconfig.php or http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/popconfig.php for each of them:

POP Server: popgate.cesmail.net
Username: Email Address at that ISP (including @hotmail.com, @msn.com, @aol.com, or @yahoo.com)
Password: Password for that Email Address


Please note that AOL Users incur minutes for the privilege of checking mail in this way. If you are not on an unlimited plan, beware!

Please also note that Yahoo! normally requires payment for the privilege of checking mail via POP, but this method is free.


--------------------
Best Regards, Jeff G. (full signature)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sonic
post Jan 22 2004, 08:43 AM
Post #2


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 20
Joined: 22-January 04
Member No.: 19



QUOTE(JeffG @ Jan 20 2004, 10:48 PM)
Please also note that Yahoo! requires payment for the privilege of checking mail in this way.

I don't think you'll find that Yahoo requires payment... I know they require payment for pop3 access, but I've opted not to pay, and spamcop is able to fetch my mail with no cost (just send a test message, which arrived with no problems).

Malcolm


--------------------
Malcolm Preen - Great Britain Old Timers #32
Goaltending is 90% mental, the other 10% is in your head
Ice Hockey Results and Tables
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff G.
post Jan 22 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #3


T-shirt wearing out
Group Icon

Group: Membersph
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2-July 04
From: Northeast New Jersey (New York Metro Area), USA ... Please read my sig. :)
Member No.: 2041



QUOTE(sonic @ Jan 22 2004, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE(JeffG @ Jan 20 2004, 10:48 PM)
Please also note that Yahoo! requires payment for the privilege of checking mail in this way.

I don't think you'll find that Yahoo requires payment... I know they require payment for pop3 access, but I've opted not to pay, and spamcop is able to fetch my mail with no cost (just send a test message, which arrived with no problems).

Malcolm

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Thanks for checking. I will correct the post.


--------------------
Best Regards, Jeff G. (full signature)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:44 AM