Can't pop into my spamcop acount to download mail

Anyone else getting problems trying to pop into their account and download emails?

I am getting this error message

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.spamcop.net', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 38445, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013A

thanks

PR

, Protocol: POP3, Port: 38445, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013A

I did not know (do not know) If SpamCop allows connecting to the system using SSL on non standard ports. I know I do not connect that way.

Is there any info on SSL and SpamCop email?

The only referece I found was Email with non-standard ports?, Is it possible

where Wazoo replied

From my perspective, if it isn't available in your preferences/handling screens, I'd think not. But again, I don't speak for JT.

You may want to try to log in using the standard POP3 port of 110

I did a little testing and found that I if check "This Server requires a secure connection SSL" and set the port# to 995 I am still able to log on, but it I change the port# to 38445 I received the following error message

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.spamcop.net', Server: 'mail.spamcop.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 38445, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Additional note: SpamCop apparently does not allow for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". I forgot that you have to set the port setting one place and the execution in another place, when I selected to logon uisng Secure Password Athentication I received the following error

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.spamcop.net', Server: 'mail.spamcop.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

• 3 years later...
Anyone else getting problems trying to pop into their account and download emails?

I am getting this error message

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.spamcop.net', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 38445, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013A

I too am experincing a similar problem. I have five accounts set up in Outlook Express. Four of the accounts access the same server. Of those, one account will not download email and gives me the following error message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'ZDonspace', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 38445, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.

I have discussed this problem with technicians from both servers, incoming and outgoing, and neither can give me a solution.

Don

Archived