HELP my inbox has 12,000 + Spams, what do i do?

Hi;

My inbox has 12,000+ spams and my HELD mail probably has 100,000+ or more... how do i clean everything out and just get rid of it all ?

Also i get about 15,000 + spams a day... 99.99999999 % is spam; how can i use spamcop email more effectively? it takes WAY too long to do anything with as many emails spams as i get a day.

I've changed my display settings so that I'm showing 999 spams on one page, but still with a fast cable modem and 1.8GHz computer, it takes MINUTES between screens when i'm reporting spam or just deleting...

Wow...that's really a LOT! Are all those messages being sent to a single address? (I rather doubt it...) Or are you having mail from many different addresses sent to your SpamCop email account?

If you own one or more domains, are you perhaps using a "catch all" that accepts any possible address at the domain? If so, I strongly recommend that you find a way *not* to do that. I used to do that, but "dictionary attacks" have made that untenable. Sure, it was a pain to go through and create explicit aliases for all the many addresses that I've "made up" over the years, but it was worth it.

DT

Hi, coolcatfl7!

Hi;

My inbox has 12,000+ spams and my HELD mail probably has 100,000+ or more... how do i clean everything out and just get rid of it all ?

<snip>

21309[/snapback]

...The FAQ is always a good place to start -- there is a link to it in the entry on the SpamCop Email Forum (and all other fora, I believe) home page labeled "Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting". Here is the reference from the FAQ that I think might help you: IMAP - Deleting E-Mail. HTH!

Archived