Feature Request: Image Link Reporting

Jeff G.

Image links further the spammer's cause by making the spam look more appealing. Webmasters and hostmasters that host those images are providing spam support services. They and their ISPs should be notified of this support. If certain potential reportees don't want reports of image links, they can opt out of them with what appears to be a small addition to the code which already supports opting out of third-party reports. Otherwise, please allow such reports for the rest of the potential reportees. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

This is a good idea. Most spammers who include images use free image hosting services. These companies get an excessive amount of images that are bound to end up in someones inbox as UCE, so it is very difficult for them to police this type of thing. Most of them also provide ways of reporting an image as spam or offensive, although it's normally by clicking the link to the image and then checking a button to mark it as such.

However, most of the time I see images that are simply attached within the email, rather than linked externally.

Not to get off topic, but I think it would be cool if Spamcop could report phone numbers found in email addresses to the phone company they are registered to and have them shut down :)

<snip>

Not to get off topic, but I think it would be cool if Spamcop could report phone numbers found in email addresses to the phone company they are registered to and have them shut down :)

...As long as we've wandered (somewhat) off-topic, I think your hopes are set way too low. I'm awaiting the day when a SpamCop-like application will reach out and zap spammers through their keyboards with just enough juice to not quite kill them but just make them think better of spamming .... :D <big g>

...As long as we've wandered (somewhat) off-topic, I think your hopes are set way too low. I'm awaiting the day when a SpamCop-like application will reach out and zap spammers through their keyboards with just enough juice to not quite kill them but just make them think better of spamming .... :D <big g>

Steve, I think some of these people wear rubber clothing already. ; ]

Archived