MailHost Problem

Brought here from a PM;

I only pay for spam cop (sending spam from my email) not an email account.

<personal stuff snipped>

But, you really should post your query, as solving your issue publicly also allows for the answer to exist for the next person that come along.

At the risk I will ask, why the following shows up more often than not, lately, when reporting spam:

Parsing header:

0: Received: from [69.8.181.14] (helo=smtp114.tamsmtp.com) by server.goldhost.com with smtp (Exim 4.44) id 1CuNqu-0004UJ-0k for x; Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:35:24 -0700

Hostname verified: smtp114.tamsmtp.com

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust anything beyond this header

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

In this case, it appears that you have tried to set up your account for the MailHost configuration, but didn't manage to actually accomplish it .. or you are reporting from a system other than one you've configured for. You didn't provide the data needed for me to guess whether or not goldhost.com is your ISP or not .... Have you been through the Pinned items here, or looked at toher people's posts to see how they worked through some issues?

User's PM answered, also including a pointer to "here"

Brought here from a PM;

<personal stuff snipped>

But, you really should post your query, as solving your issue publicly also allows for the answer to exist for the next person that come along.

<snip>

In this case, it appears that you have tried to set up your account for the MailHost configuration, but didn't manage to actually accomplish it .. or you are reporting from a system other than one you've configured for. You didn't provide the data needed for me to guess whether or not goldhost.com is your ISP or not .... Have you been through the Pinned items here, or looked at toher people's posts to see how they worked through some issues?

User's PM answered, also including a pointer to "here"

Yes, Goldhost.com is my ISP. Now when you talk of Pinned items, I'm lost ....

Oh to answer the personal, I'm almost 30 years more than you <smile>. I need to be hand-held and walked through what I need to do to 'fix' this problem. Learning curve is just a bit steeper on this end. Thanks

response to http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3565

First things first .. I'm going to point you to something I typed for another user (that seems to have ifnored it for some reason) a day or so ago ... hopefully it will help get you 'oriented' here ... I know that I gave you a link to pop tight into this Topic .. and suspecting that your other post was put into the Forum you were dropped into by following a link from the www.spamcop.net FAQ before changes were made there .... so I'll take partial blame on your present confusion on things like "Pinned" items ... please try this and see if that helps for a fresh beginning .....

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=23667

Well, it's like this ... I was merrily typing away, midnight came, 12:00 showed up on all the clocks .... and I'm dead in the water .... phone call to my favorite folks starts out with "there is no outage in your area" ... I casually point out that both cable internet and cable TV is not functioning, both choosing to die at exactly midnight .. the kid suggests that it sounds like a maintenance problem as that's when they do maintenance ... so then he looks around (I hear papers shuffling) and then he reads to me "they are doing maintenance in your area .... The FCC allows them until 0600 to bring things back up .. no further data available" ... so .. saved this off into a text file, stored it away ... when I get a connection, I'll post this as is .. hopefully, someone else will have answered the rest of your issues by then <g> apologies ....

Yes, Goldhost.com is my ISP.  Now when you talk of Pinned items, I'm lost ....

Oh to answer the personal, I'm almost 30 years more than you <smile>.  I need to be hand-held and walked through what I need to do to 'fix' this problem.  Learning curve is just a bit steeper on this end. Thanks

23716[/snapback]

If you are still having a problem email me and include your registered SC email address and a tracking url to a parse that is failing and I will look and see what is happening.

Archived