Lack of SMTP Service

Jeff G.

As discussed in I am shocked, no smtp?, please add "SMTP Service is not provided", "Email may only be sent from Webmail", or similar verbiage on the SpamCop Home Page http://spamcop.net and http://www.spamcop.net, as well as anywhere else the SpamCop Email System and Accounts on it are promoted. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I am totally shocked and sad. I had NO warning about "no outgoing mail" and as a licensed Eudora user, I must live with sending mail from web.

25434[/snapback]

You are right SpamCop NEEDS a SMTP server

Even if it becomes a SpamCop Plus (Bond required) to deter some loon not securing their computer or even spamming :wacko:

If bond lost it be donated to SpamCops Legal fund (suggestion) To get Plus back again another US$100 bond be paid. The losing of this money is entirerly at the descretion of Email owner/operator or his appointed minder/s (SpamCop Deputies?)

Windows users only have to ensure they are at least using the freeware (microsoft ones you have already paid for) programs my Signature links refer to, to maintain secure computing

IE-SPYAD while worth considering is not needed (Unless the PC is operated by "Naive" users)

(the password saver is freeware for 20 passwords usable both from PC as well as from USB -

SpamCop email have a maximum of 30 keyboard characters I sugest using a minimum of at least eight Alphanumeric characters 30 random alpha characters are equal to 240bit security, Banks use 128 bit security)

Are you aware that gmail offers a (secure) SMTP server ?

Hence no one is restricted to webmail.

28199[/snapback]

I can also use my existing provider but do not like doing so

Are you aware that gmail offers a (secure) SMTP server ?

28199[/snapback]

Yes, but it has the following caveats:
  • All email sent is archived in your Gmail account.
  • The From Email Address is changed to your Gmail Email Address (but the From Fullname is left alone).
  • The SMTP Envelope Sender is changed to your Gmail Email Address.
  • You will be subject to the blockage issue discussed in Gmail's server blocked.

• 1 year later...

Archived