Stock Spam

msealey

I'm beginning to sink (rapid increase in the past week to hundreds a day) under an onslaught of essentially the same stock spam.

Is anyone else getting them?

Somehow multiple variations on the same message come from a different server every single time. I'm reporting them all but they just go on coming.

Everything in them seems to be forged.

Anyone else getting them?

Anyone any ideas?

Return-Path: <xbdbpohrmia[at]2balsams.com>

Received: from hnllhi1-ar8-4-11-069-026.dsl-verizon.net (hnllhi1-ar8-4-11-069-026.dsl-verizon.net [4.11.69.26])

by [****.***] with SMTP id j3ECJVa19350

for <***[at]***.***>; Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:19:31 -0600

Received: from cartographer.antihydro.com ([207.183.249.199])

by squatter.alnoor.net (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.1 HotFix 0.09

(built Oct 24 2004)) with ESMTP id <0IDD000YCNC6B2L1[at]squatter.alnoor.net> for

**[at]*****.**** (ORCPT **[at]*****.***); Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:19:25 -0500 (IST)

Received: from mail pickup service by cartographer.antihydro.com with Microsoft

SMTPSVC; Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:14:25 +0100

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:11:25 +0600

To: <******[at]******.***>

Subject: Spec M0ney Newsletter majOr ch0ice

Sender: "Cheri Dupree" <xbdbpohrmia[at]2balsams.com>

Message-ID: <533932277048.QZJ16109[at]exclude.antihydro.com>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit

X-spam-Status: No, hits=2.3 required=3.0

tests=RCVD_IN_NJABL,RCVD_IN_ORBS,RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM,

X_NJABL_DIALUP

version=2.52

X-spam-Level: **

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.52 (1.174.2.8-2003-03-24-exp)

X-UIDL: XF+#!m:f!!3Sa!!?0!"!

"Stock Watch Alert" this morning are Wysak Petroleum (WYSK), Key

Energy Services, Inc. (Pink Sheets: KEGS), Medify Solutions (MFYS),

Sequoia Interests Corporation (SQNC).

Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK)

Current Price: .23

Wysak Petroleum announces the signing of a Letter of Intent with the European

Commission Baltic Renewable Energy Centre (EC BREC) to assist Wysak Petro|eum in

the development of the Wysak Wind Power Project.

EC BREC and Wysak have signed a LOI in respect to the deve|opment of a

fu|l-sized Commercia| Wind Power Project in Europe. This letter states that EC

BREC can support Wysak in matters such as financial structuring and investment,

regu|atory issues, government policies, negotiations, wind technologies, and

other aspects re|ating to Wind Power.

About the Wysak Wind Project

This development wil| be up to a maximum 90Mw in size and cost upwards of $120

mi||i0n in development expenditures. Once comp|eted, this Wind Park wi|| supp|y

upwards of 170,000 Mw of e|ectricity annua|ly for Po|and and the European

Community. This is enough green energy to supp|y upwards of 25,000 homes with

e|ectricity and offset near|y 170,000 tonnes of Greenhouse gases. Tota| gross

e|ectric sales over a 20-year period are estimated at over $450 mi|li0n for a

project this size.

About the EC Baltic Renewable Energy Centre

The mission of European Commission-founded EC BREC is to stimulate the

deve|opment of renewab|e energy sources (RES) in Po|and through the construction

of RES projects, the development of innovative techno|ogies, and the creation of

relevant po|icies, strategies and plans. To fulfi|l the mission, EC BREC uses

its own research capabi|ities and cooperates with partner institutions from the

EU, other countries, and internationa| organizations.

About Wysak Petro|eum

Wysak is a diversified energy company whose goal is to identify and deve|op

traditional fossil fue| sites, as wel| as clean air a|ternative energy producing

techno|ogies. Wysak contro|s one Wyoming Federal oil & gas lease in the Bighorn

Basin region and another in the Green River Basin. Its two Wyoming State leases

are located 45 miles apart within the massive CoalBed Methane p|ay area of the

Powder River Basin. Numerous |arge petroleum and exploration firms operate near

to a|l of these properties; they inc|ude ExxonMobi|e (XOM), Williams Gas (WMB),

and Western Gas (WGR) among others. Collective|y, over 26,000 wells produced

54.7 million barre|s of oil and 1.75 tri||ion cubic feet of natura| gas in

Wyoming

Conc|usion:

The Examples Above Show The Awesome, Earning Potential of Little Known Companies

That Exp|ode Onto Investor's Radar Screens; Many of You Are A|ready Fami|iar with This.

Is WYSK Poised and Positioned to Do that For You?

Then You May Fee| the Time Has Come to Act... And P|ease Watch this One Trade Thursday!

Go WYSK.

Penny stocks are considered highly specu|ative and may be unsuitab|e for al| but

very aggressive investors.  This Profi|e is not in any way affiliated with the

featured company.We were compensated 3000 dollars to distribute this report.

This report is for entertainment and advertising purposes on|y and shou|d not be

used as investment advice.

If you wish to stop future mailings, or if you fee| you have been

wrongfully p|aced in our membership, p|ease go here or send a blank

e mail with No Thanks in the subject to st0ck72 [at]yahoo.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been getting them for a few weeks now, yes. The odd thing is that they don't have any web advertized domains, how do these creeps make their money? Or is it simply for the sheer pleasure of annoying us?

This is one I got just a few minutes ago:

BREAKOUT  FORECAST

APRIL     2005

!!!       NEW U.S. ENERGY COMPANY       !!!                  

-NEW ISSUE-                                                                                    -NEW ISSUE-    

CYRR.PK   CANARY RESOURCES, INC.    CYRR.PK                        

Current Price   $.84     [4/13/05]     JUMP IN AND RIDE THE WAVE

Canary Resources, Inc. Completes Forest City Basin Farm-Out Agreements with Osborn Energy

Canary becomes the operator and owner of a 75% working interest

in Osborn Energy's entire undeveloped land position of approximately 76,869 acres of approximately 400,000 acres in North Eastern Kansas, and  West Central Missouri. In exchange for funding all drilling activity, Osborn Energy retains a 25% working interest.

It is expected that this acreage will yield over 1,800 drill locations.

James Beatty, CEO of Canary Resources, Inc. commented, "We are fortunate to have a partner in Osborn Energy, the most experienced explorer and operator in the Forest City Basin, and the first company with commercial gas production. Osborn Energy's extensive investment in field-testing and research into drilling, completion, and production techniques provide a major competitive advantage for Canary Resources which mitigates exploration and development risk."

CYRR NEWS IS COMING - STOCK IS READY TO ROCK

Information within this email contains" forward looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.Any statements that express or involve with respect to predictions, goals, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact and maybe "forward looking statements. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through the use of words such as: "projects", "foresee"," expects", "estimates," "believes," understands" "will," "part of:" anticipates," or that by statements indicating certain actions "may," could," or "might" occur. Please be advised that nothing within this email shall constitute a solicitation or an invitation to get position in or sell any security mentioned herein. This newsletter is neither a registered investment advisor nor affiliated with any broker or dealer. All statements made are our express opinion only and should be treated as such. We may own, take position and sell any securities mentioned at any time. This report includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements may include terms as "expect"," believe", "may", "will", "move"," undervalued" and "intend" or similar terms.

I have been getting them for a few weeks now, yes.

26545[/snapback]

...Seems to be the spam curse of the week. A bit odd, since most weeks the plurality of the spam I get is for drugs.
The odd thing is that they don't have any web advertized domains, how do these creeps make their money? Or is it simply for the sheer pleasure of annoying us?

<snip>

26545[/snapback]

...As I understand it, the money is to be had by increasing demand for the equities involved (which the perpetrators of the spam already own).

...By the way, these should be reported to the SEC at e-mail address "Enforcement <at> sec <dot> gov".

turetzer,

They are still relentless for me! As bad a case of shoveling sh*t as I've had in ten years of fighting spam.

..As I understand it, the money is to be had by increasing demand for the equities involved (which the perpetrators of the spam already own).

I am in contact with one of the companies who carry 'news' about one item of stock. They seem to be as disturbed as we are.

...By the way, these should be reported to the SEC at e-mail address "Enforcement <at> sec <dot> gov".

I report every single one to SEC. In a month I have got an acknowledgment for perhaps one in a hundred.

Does anyone know who they are - and how they manage to distribute this around so many disparate servers with impunity?

/snip

Does anyone know who they are - and how they manage to distribute this around so many disparate servers with impunity?

26566[/snapback]

I got a few more today, they have been spamming up to 20/day daily since this started.

last one came through Spain:

Submitted: Friday, April 15, 2005 12:02:28 PM -0400:

S.tock makes investors millions

1403235917 ( Forwarded spam ) To: spam[at]uce.gov

1403235916 ( 81.203.170.227 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

1403235911 ( 81.203.170.227 ) To: abuse[at]ono.com

$ whois 81.203.170.227[at]whois.ripe.net

[whois.ripe.net]

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.

% The objects are in RPSL format.

%

% Rights restricted by copyright.

% See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

inetnum:      81.203.0.0 - 81.203.255.255

netname:      ONO-SCOPES-2

descr:        Cableuropa - ONO

descr:        ONO net in whole Spain

admin-c:      OIM1-RIPE

tech-c:       OIM1-RIPE

remarks:      mail spam reports: abuse[at]ono.com

remarks:      security incidents: security[at]ono.com

notify:       ripe-tech[at]ono.es

mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

changed:      ripe-tech[at]ono.es 20030606

source:       RIPE

route:        81.202.0.0/15

descr:        Cableuropa - Ono

descr:        Ono network in whole Spain

origin:       AS6739

remarks:      mail spam reports: abuse[at]ono.com

remarks:      security incidents: security[at]ono.com

mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

changed:      ripe-tech[at]ono.es 20021112

role:         ONO IP MANAGER

address:      C/ Basauri, 5

address:      Urbanizacion La Florida

address:      E-28023 Aravaca, Madrid

address:      SPAIN

phone:        +34911809300

fax-no:       +34911809245

e-mail:       ripe-tech[at]ono.es

admin-c:      JMD-RIPE

tech-c:       JMD-RIPE

tech-c:       JABM1-RIPE

tech-c:       MJS6-RIPE

tech-c:       MJC7-RIPE

tech-c:       AGG20-RIPE

tech-c:       FRL9-RIPE

nic-hdl:      OIM1-RIPE

changed:      ripe-tech[at]ono.es 20030422

...somehow the RIPE data strikes me as bogus!!

I got a brief respite from this onslaught late Friday and until the middle of Saturday.

I put it down - perhaps rather wishfully - to this message from Yahoo.

Although it does not appear that this message originated from the Yahoo! Mail system, there is a "[at]yahoo.com" address within the message or message headers and we believe that this account is being used in connection with the unwanted email message. Consequently, we have taken appropriate action against this account as per the Yahoo! Terms of Service (TOS).

By this afternoon they were back in full force.

They are back. now it is CYRR.PK that is being pushed by the spam. Again Yahoo.com doesn't want to hear about it. It is understandable, the yahoo reference is just a "news" artical about the same stock/company, not the source of the spew.

Oh well, just one of many. :(

They are back. now it is CYRR.PK that is being pushed by the spam.  Again Yahoo.com doesn't want to hear about it.  It is understandable, the yahoo reference is just a "news" artical about the same stock/company, not the source of the spew.

Oh well, just one of many. :(

26592[/snapback]

Yep; lots this morning - mine are all still WYSAK

I have complained several times to WYSAK (fond hope) here and of course heard nothing.

I tried calling half a dozen times (206 652 3310) and get nothing but a boxy recorded message.

Even if they are not responsible for this stuff (if not they, then who stands to gain), one would hope they could be persuaded to be worried.

I did a little spreadsheeting and compiled this table:

Apparent originating IP address Apparent Other address 1 Apparent Other address 2 Apparent Other address 3 SpamVertised company Yahooaddressabused

161.58.185.45 194.206.126.204 205.158.62.116 210.121.145.100 Huifeng st0ck1009[at]yahoo.com

5.5.2484.62 208.254.3.160 222.239.112.165 Huifeng st0ck1006[at]yahoo.com

65.56.1.210 203.199.70.100 205.158.62.141 24.9.32.24 Huifeng st0ck1002[at]yahoo.com

81.169.173.239 216.65.111.6 82.231.191.84 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1010[at]yahoo.com

211.53.249.16 216.185.96.234 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1007[at]yahoo.com

? 69.25.212.139 211.207.97.187 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1002[at]yahoo.com

? 209.142.2.21 222.236.65.247 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1006[at]yahoo.com

? 212.123.93.121 69.192.93.245 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1005[at]yahoo.com

? 5.5.3792.91 216.51.232.68 194.42.103.22 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1008[at]yahoo.com

? 201.19.20.120 216.51.232.68 5.5.3792.91 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1008[at]yahoo.com

64.35.170.17 82.228.66.186 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1008[at]yahoo.com

? 212.227.109.240 82.34.140.245 Wysak Petro|eum (WYSK) st0ck1007[at]yahoo.com

from half an hour's incoming spam. (Sorry that it doesn't display too well.)

This site suggests that st0ck spam is up 250% since the start of last month!

Sent this info to Yahoo a couple of different ways since their email system is being systematically abused.

Everything I report also goes to the SEC - and I spent half an hour filling out a couple of their online forms to report this muck at the weekend. It seems they already get 1,000 messages a day.

After a nice rest from this muck I woke up to dozens and dozens of illegal stock spam today.

Every one gets reported to SEC (I get an acknowledgment of about one in ten); every one to all the other Federal and state (CA) authorities.

I've also got communications open to Yahoo (whose email address always appears in the mail) and have tried contacting each (usually oil) company. Always get an answer machine.

I'm flooded again.

...Please keep on reportin' 'em!  :) <g>

26751[/snapback]

I am, I do and I will - but not sure to what end since every single one comes from a different source.

The drop off last weekend has now completely disappeared and I am inundated again.

Surely if one person/gang is behind this, they can be traced.

WYSAK itself only has a voicemail.

I am, I do and I will - but not sure to what end since every single one comes from a different source.

<snip>

26843[/snapback]

...And all those sources (if enough of us report them) will go onto the SpamCop spam sources list (aka blocklist). And the authorities will have more evidence to go after the perps.

...Seems to be the spam curse of the week.  A bit odd, since most weeks the plurality of the spam I get is for drugs....As I understand it, the money is to be had by increasing demand for the equities involved (which the perpetrators of the spam already own).

This is called a "pump & dump" scheme. The spammer (or whoever he is working for, more likely) owns a large block of the "pumped" stock. As idiots respond to the spam and start buying the stock, the price goes up. Just as the price peaks, the spammer "dumps" his stock, and the price plummets. He makes a mint, the buyers lose their shorts.

dzaidle,

Thanks for that explanation :)

I am still puzzled by three things:

• how in this case has the spammer managed to get every single message from a different server?
  • if it's not actually engineered by WYSAK, why aren't they more concerned to 'protect their reputation' by stopping it: surely if the SEC (or anyone else) goes after them for underhand dealing, they'll need to be super-clean to avoid allegations that they weren't involved?
  • if it's as cleancut as this, why can't the perpetrators be found?

how in this case has the spammer managed to get every single message from a different server?

Normal spammy operation .. for one clue, Google for "Zombie" for instance

if it's not actually engineered by WYSAK, why aren't they more concerned to 'protect their reputation' by stopping it: surely if the SEC (or anyone else) goes after them for underhand dealing, they'll need to be super-clean to avoid allegations that they weren't involved?

Start with reading some press releases at http://www.sec.gov/ ... note the $$$ involved. One might guess that the amount of value in some of these penny stocks places that research a bit low on the priority list.

if it's as cleancut as this, why can't the perpetrators be found?

see the above, combine the data, shake ... your results?

There's always a chance. NANAE had a couple of SEC links a while back that I was going to pull up (haven't had a chance to hit there today) ... went through a couple of releases myself hoping to pull up a few links, but then remembered what I was doing before I hit your post (and got back to that) .... going back to feeding the FTC's database and SEC's complaint tracking, there were some recognizable names involved with the above mentioned links .. and it was not due to a pump & dump on a single stock, it was the numerous stocks over a couple of years - which put things into the $$$ range <g>

Wazoo,

Went out for the evening and came back to check my email: 3 legitimate incoming and 21 for St0ck.

It's pretty disheartening. I am reporting every single one - including to the SEC.

But I expect hundreds more tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that.

Archived