Want to Boot from a USB drive?

petzl

Make Your USB drive Bootable

this can be done with Flash Cards as well

Altough its probably cheaper to buy a USB 80GB drive (My 4GB flashcard cost me US$300).

EBAY have external Laptop USB 80GB drives complete for about US$130

2½inch 5400rpm laptop Samsung drives are around $US110

3½inch PC drives are even cheaper although a bit more that twice the dimensions of a laptop drive. For the above price a PC equivlent would be around 300GB they also require a power supply

Complaint raised about the possible "advertising" in petzl's post .... to resolve the complaint issue, a bit of editing was done to remove the specific links to the specific hard drives offered. For your shopping/auctioning convenience, http://www.ebay.com offers some localization features .....

Complaint raised about the possible "advertising" in petzl's post .... to resolve the complaint issue, a bit of editing was done to remove the specific links to the specific hard drives offered.  For your shopping/auctioning convenience, http://www.ebay.com offers some localization features .....

27746[/snapback]

Just pointing out that the drives I linked to were located in USA, I'm in Australia and have no connection to the person/s selling the drives (I included the link to best prices I could see on EBAY without auction/bidding it also provided specifications as always there would of been even better prices and as one waits they drop further)

I did try and get information on making Bootable USB drives some time ago in "spamcop.geeks" as it provides possible a way of not carrying a Laptop with you when travelling. I did get some feedback, it seemed some interested but did not know how it was done (Now they do)

The size of units fit in top pocket no power supply needed and are a big plus for me in my present task with my company who use the same Desktops through out

• 7 years later...

[at] petzl - Would it require to change some setting in the BIOS area? I mean first boot device and so on. Just asking because I am not an expert of that area still :P

This was six years agoit't now easy to do althouh I don't

Archived