Ignore an user (sorry for FireFox only)

trpted

For you users using FF (aka:FireFox) I found a cool extension.

Yes it really, logged in or not, works on boards powered by phpBB. Sorry IE (Internet Explorer) users.. you are stuck reading other users post. IE users have to manualy ignore users.

Firefox Extension: phpBB User Hide 1.2

This one is just a compiled Greasemonkey scri_pt, that is based on one made my Unarmed on the Mozillazine forums.

Features:

New For this version: Now works with quotes!

Adds a little [X] in front of the username on every post in virtually every phpBB installation.

Clicking the little [X] adds the user to your hide/ignore list.. basically you can’t see their posts unless you click a button to show them on a per-post basis.

Click the X again and the user is removed from your ignore list, returning his posts back to normal.

Really usefull if a certain member gets on your nerves, and you are at risk of being banned from the forum because of your retaliation posts against him Wink

Download it here: [Mozilla Update]

It will work with Firefox versions 0.9x to Deer Park (nightly builds). This extension runs without greasemonkey installed.

• 1 year later...

for some reason the program refuses to work with my version of firefox ( 2.0.0.2. ).

i get an error message saying that it only works with versions 0.9 to 1.0+.

what the + means is anybody's guess. it certainly doesn't seem to mean greater than version 1 or mine would work.

anyone know if they're gonna update this puppy? :huh:

<snip>

anyone know if they're gonna update this puppy?

...Sorry, I don't. And even if I did and replied here, I don't think you'd be wise to trust me and leave it at that. I would urge you to take your question up with the developer or support person/group of the FF extension.

...Good luck!

• 1 month later...

...Sorry, I don't. And even if I did and replied here, I don't think you'd be wise to trust me and leave it at that. I would urge you to take your question up with the developer or support person/group of the FF extension.

...Good luck!

i kinda thought this was associated.

in answer to your point though have you seen their support board??

i would say 'lotsa luck' if you did.

i've seen riots that have been better organised.

there's nothing there that's in any way co-ordinated.

i was interested in here because you had the version of the ignore you had (as do they) and you guys seem to know what you're doing.

i'm not worried about the risk. i was in IT myself and have been using the net since 97. i have other machines to test the extension out on so i'll happily be your mr.guinea pig if you find anything (squeak).

risk is a part of life and a part of using the internet.

so chillax compadre and bring forth the ignorotron :lol:B)

Archived