Forum / FAQ / data changes

Wazoo

A bit of PM traffic, reference is a bit of change on the Forum FAQ ... I started composing an answer, then thought that this should actually be shared, maybe generate some more actions elsewhere ..???

Thanks for making the change.

I deleted my post and your reply as they no longer serve any useful purpose.

Took away the public thanks offered, the fact that suggestions are accepted, and the demonstration that changes can and will happen here <g> Lots of 'useful properties' there <g>

This is one of the most disturbing things I continue to run up against in the newsgroups. Continued complaints about the www.spamcop.net FAQ not having answers, some folks not able to find them even when they are there, and that updates don't seem to happen. Yet, even though the 'alternate' version here in the Forum keeps evolving / growing, pointing NNTP users to it seems to set some folks off. Others have even commented on the fact that even though data has been provided in the Forum version, it can't be used or considered as 'valid' because the same data doesn't exist in "the real" FAQ ...???? Another sometimes references a Forum link, but then does a cut/paste to inject the Forum contents into the newsgroup (as compared to allowing the user with a query to make the trip to the Forum him/herself to possibly / accidentally discover even more ... confusing.

Though none of "us" can talk to the rest of the SpamCop 'system' .. I believe it's pretty apparent that this Forum thing has evolved pretty well (and once again, thanks to all involved for that!) Part of the point of this post is to bring that to the attention of newer folks, and reminding 'older' members that things still change around here <g>

More Input!!! - Johnny 5

FYI, at last check:

Our members have made a total of 32142 posts

We have 3915 registered members

[not counted are all those anonymous users who surf on by, some of which are spiders]

• 2 weeks later...

Frustration ... could be worse, imagine if someone like that lived next door and knew of your expertise. Between popping in to borrow spanners, hedge clippers, toe nail clippers ... and picking your brains, drinking your beer ... One needs to cherish the small mercies ;)

Some people will just always prefer NNTP over HTML...

33228[/snapback]

Preferences aside, I just have the problem in that there is a data resource available. I use NNTP, mailng-lists, Forums, Google, whatever it takes if I'm looking for answers. I've stated myself that web-Forums suck. Yet, here I am, using what tools I can to try to do something, as compared to the continuation of the bitching over the years about what support, data, and help exists. Imagine if half that bitching and badmouthing energy was converted into doing something constructive <g> Part of the referenced newsgroup thread was to once again demonstrate / highlight that stuff does happen, changes do get made, etc.

Archived