Add comcast.blackholes.us to the list of

Jeff G.

Please add comcast.blackholes.us to the list of blocklists, as per the following:

It appears that the abuse<at>comcast.net mailbox, limited at 629,145,600 bytes or 100,000 messages, has reached the byte limit.  It also appears that they haven't learned since a previous incident in which they reached the number of messages limit on 9 Dec 2003 per this link.  That's it, I've had it with these incompetents, and I urge JT to "add comcast.blackholes.us to the list of blocklists", as I came close to doing in this post.

26405[/snapback]

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Now that there should be a slot available with the demise of rbl.cluecentral.net per rbl.cluecentral.net status, I reiterate my request above.

36651[/snapback]

I would suggest another China list to replace that one, but do not currently have one to recommend. Perhaps china.blackholes.us

I would suggest another China list to replace that one, but do not currently have one to recommend.  Perhaps china.blackholes.us

36659[/snapback]

That should help, too. :)

I just logged-in over at my Comcast account and found out that their preferred abuse address is 'missed-spam [at] comcast.net' for clients. Before that I used 'abuse-noreply [at] comcast.net.'

Their user forums on email spam led me to believe they don't take Spamcop 'source' reports too seriously... or they don't get it .. or..

Seems to me they (Comcast) have the resources to scan their own system for open relays.

They claim to shut the offending connection down until 're-educated,' but the example showed 'open relays' open for months.

... They claim to shut the offending connection down until 're-educated,' but the example showed 'open relays' open for months.

36683[/snapback]

A fair sample/example in my view - I found them to be consistently useless over an extended period - in view of their rapid growth this is worrisome. But no longer for me at least. Having never received a legitimate email from that source (apart from their worthless abuse acks) I have them filtered with the rule "IF the RECEIVED field contains "comcast.net" THEN discard the message, stop processing any more rules." (AT&T account).

Archived