entire board layout is very counterintuitive

Wazoo

Copied from http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=35813

foobar's post was moved from the Reportng Help Forum section to the Blocking List Forum .. and then "Merged" into the existing Topic/Discussion on the same subject ..... PM sent to advise of this Moderation action.

35811[/snapback]

Sorry about the incorrect forum selection, the entire board layout is very counterintuitive.

Once again, I've simply got to ask .... what in the he** is this supposed to mean?

Forum sections titled by subject matter, a bit of description on each, most have a "Welcome" post that offers a bit more description .... how does the word "counterintuitive" come into play? A query on GMail servers being blocked fits into the "Reporting Help" Forum section just how?????

And yet again, why the "Start here - before your first post" item seen as a lost cause ...???? Sitting here with 20+ windows opened up, trying to add more content into the KnowledgeBase view of the SpamCop FAQ, reading comments like this, and wondering why I'm still involved at all .....????? Somebody please help me out here .....

My feeling is the same that has been discussed in the nit picking topic. Novice computer users are pointed here from the Spamcop website and are expecting a help venue managed by Spamcop. They all have busy lives and don't care to spend the time needed to read or search this message board for previous answers to their question/problem. So they just post a message wherever they can find a place to do so and ask the same question or rant that has been asked/expressed already somewhere here(this message board). All of what you do Wazoo will never change these kind of people. But what you do does help the rest of us who do take the time to read, search, and learn about "everything spam" and how Spamcop works. I for one thank you for all of your work, I have found it useful.

That's about the past month's worth - feel free to go back the previous 20 months.  Guess, I'm a "somebody"?  :)  Do yourself a favor (damnyankee spelling) and read the foregoing at least ...

35828[/snapback]

I know what you mean about the spelling <g> I keep meaning to go in and add some more words that dang thing ... And yes, you're a cruel one at times ... hanks for the kind words, kudos and such.

I'll admit to being a bit ticked at the time ... Here I am doing that 'trying to convert' data to fit between applications, trying to add yet another source of data to rule out the "can't navigate this one" and "can't find squat in that one" and on and on ... while doing research to see if there was a solution for something I was having issues with .... got a bit ticked at the "support" offered on yet another forum, so took it upon myself to answer unanswered questions over there (http://www.dscripting.com/index.php?showforum=10 ) .... and then popped over onto the IPB support Forum trying to catch up there .. running into idiots posting and re-posting (and bumping all of those posts) because there aren't answers showing up within 10 minutes ....noting that there are so many folks posting the same questions over and over, never bothering to look at previous posts & answers or do a search .... (hey I'm within 20 pages of almost being current in the customer-to-customer forum .. and again pointing at my 350+ posts over there but only asking for help with a new Topic showing only 8 times ...) ... then come back in 'here' and stumble on this "counterintuitive" description ..... The intensity of that frustration was driven to yet another level when double-checking what I thought I'd remembered doing a while back .. re-writing some of the Forum section descriptions .. and in this case, the Reporting Help forum description does in fact include the phrase " Questions about "your e-mail Blocked by SpamCop" should be directed to the SpamCop Blocklist Help Forum. Etc. etc., etc." ... reread the post involved, and yep, it has those words "my e-mail was blocked" and the SpamCopBL was mentioned .... then I had to go look up the word "counterintuitive" to make sure I wasn't messed up there .... Going with the possible language barrier again, ouch! I ended up looking at http://www.rpi.edu/ .... kind of hard looking at the "accomplishments" listed there and factoring in that this forum is "counterintuitive" .... (I actually find this pretty scary) ... Thus this 'new' Topic .... I am struggling with the thought processes that must be involved to have to struggle with where to place a post such as this example contains.

Back to work, I guess .... again, thanks for the support and kind words from all, even those that don't want to get involved <g> (though admitting that dbiel's comment was just so far over the edge, there was a matter of having to do a bit of recovery <g>)

...  And yes, you're a cruel one at times ... hanks for the kind words, kudos and such. ...

I ended up looking at  http://www.rpi.edu/ ....

35829[/snapback]

Meaning only to express (once again) appreciation for an impossible job well done with scant thanks and many "knocks"

The visit to rpi.edu is worth it just for the phrase "terrain on the surface of the Earth and beyond." Another well-spent $845,000. (Um ... "terrain" comes from "Terra", meaning Earth - so does "Geo" for that matter - anything beyond Terra isn't really terrain, still, we know what they mean.) Now *that* is nitpicking! :D

Although there are some people who think differently or just want to be spoon fed (I am used to these in my own work - like Wazoo after spending a lot of time documenting things, providing contents and index, practically listing every page and what's on it, the clients still come back with 'where' !!! and sometimes even admit, they don't want to do the work to find it!!), I am beginning to wonder if some of these posts are not just deliberate 'baiting' ???

Just a thought.

Miss Betsy

Wazoo, let me add my thanks as well! (while I still can)

then I had to go look up the word "counterintuitive" to make sure I wasn't messed up there .... Going with the possible language barrier again, ouch!  I ended up looking at  http://www.rpi.edu/ .... kind of hard looking at the "accomplishments" listed there and factoring in that this forum is "counterintuitive" .... (I actually find this pretty scary)

35829[/snapback]

I can't follow how you got to rpi.edu from the word "counterintuitive", and I'm curious (by nature, I think), so I'll ask ...

so took it upon myself to answer unanswered questions over there (made URL a live link) (http://www.dscripting.com/index.php?showforum=10)

35829[/snapback]

Isn't it refreshing to see "Yay! I'm A Newbie!" next to your name? ;)

And where's your avatar? How can you not have an avatar picture?!!? ;);)

*Looking upwards and wondering if I'll see the lightning bolt before I'm vaporized*

Wazoo, let me add my thanks as well! (while I still can)

I can't follow how you got to rpi.edu from the word "counterintuitive", and I'm curious (by nature, I think), so I'll ask ...

following up on the posting IP address to see if the language issue could be involved.

Isn't it refreshing to see "Yay! I'm A Newbie!" next to your name?  ;)

And where's your avatar? How can you not have an avatar picture?!!?  ;)  ;)

*Looking upwards and wondering if I'll see the lightning bolt before I'm vaporized*

35847[/snapback]

Actually admitting that I've got some of the same thoughts going through my head on possible reactins over on Dean's forum. I struggled quite a while last night about posting a "suggestion" about the layout, content, lack of support, even Moderator actions, clean-up of existing data, .... but after spending a bit of time looking at the contents of D-Scripting Site Bugs/Suggestions (described as: This forum is only to be used for bug and Suggestions on THIS board. Not mods) I kind of figured that this wuld be a wasted effort also. And noting that the same issue that started this Topic was being looked at yet again on another forum, well ..

Avatars ... on my main system, I'm still running an ancient firewall that requires my permission to do just about anything. Hitting these forums where folks have their avatars hosted on yet another site, gads ... a topic with a lot of posts has me clicking on the yes/no popups for browser calls to the site, cookie traffic, and all the avatars, sig images, posted images, etc. etc. etc. ... what a pain, especially when finding out that the Topc only contained a question and three bumps by the original poster trying to keep the post at the top of the list (though never quite understanding that action either ... I mean 367 views kind of suggests that if someone had the answer ....????)

Newbie? ... not an issue .... I try to keep that perspective in life .... a day without learning something new is wasted as far as I'm concerned ..... the day the "pirates" 'lost the world' to the "magician/scientists" as described in the Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth by R. Buckminster Fuller has always stuck with me .... expressed in a different way in the following;

There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. ........Erma Bombeck

Newbie? ... not an issue .... I try to keep that perspective in life .... a day without learning something new is wasted as far as I'm concerned ..... the day the "pirates" 'lost the world' to the "magician/scientists" as described in the Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth by R. Buckminster Fuller has always stuck with me .... expressed in a different way in the following;

There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. ........Erma Bombeck

35853[/snapback]

The Buckminster Fuller Institute has the Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth by R. Buckminster Fuller online. :excl:

Heavy reading - I'll have to set aside some serious time to peruse and digest that.

Archived