[Resolved] My 'quick' reporting queue is stuck

craigt

My 'quick' submitted spam has been piling up since 14:30 5/15/06 -- checking the report history shows all spam submitted since that time with a status of 'No reports filed'. Could somebody take a look into my account and see what's holding things up?

Just checked my reporting history. Same thing. Earliest is 6/15/06 about 6:30PM. Everything since then is still sitting in the queue with "No reports filed"

Could this be tied to the "no more automatic replies" being sent Don has noted as a recent change? Emailing hism right now on this.... good catch (I don't often check that page).

Not much I can add to this.

Setting your Preferences to "Enable quick data reports" will return things to normal.

I don't know where we went wrong. I don't write code, so all I can do is read the engineer's report and growl about how it all looks like geek to me.

We've submitted a high-priority request for a fix. Even so, it could take days. Hopefully not.

Sorry for all the trouble. I was really excited about seeing the feature finally come alive... and now this.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

.... not sure how since it has always been enabled.
Actually that is the only simple part to answer.

It was never an selectalbe option before and when it was created as an option the default of disabled was applied. Of course, the other problem being that the new option does not work the way it was intended.

Either that or the system is really backed up -- all of my submissions for the last 1 1/2 hours are sitting there.

Moderatr Edit: merged this "new" post into a previous Topic/Discussion by the same user, same subject, same problem .. though have to assume a different issue involved today?

Either that or the system is really backed up -- all of my submissions for the last 1 1/2 hours are sitting there.

Newsgroup run doesn't show anyone else talking about this ... though one person complaining about his/her reports not being "handled" for about 2 weeks seems to have cleared up soon after my post mentioning the FAQ here and pointing out a cople of possible failures along the way ....

Because of your query, and seing that no one else did it, I added an Announcement here mirroring the Announcement on the "mail news" page ... a backlog was mentioned, but that was at 0630 GMT -5 timeframe ....?????

• 1 month later...

Hate to dig up an old post like this, but anyone know if the fix Don mentioned went in? Are we able to disable this and still get our reports filed correctly?

You could try it and see if the problem remains. I have done the same but may not get another spam until moring.

You could try it and see if the problem remains. I have done the same but may not get another spam until moring.

The "Disable quick data reports" does seem to be working from my account. I enabled it yesterday, reported 1 spam using quick reporting and it was there this morning. I then reported the 8 messages I received overnight and they were reported by the time I got to work.

I would like confirmation from other account holders. This account is associated with a spamcop email account.

Archived