Gateway Timeouts

dra007

This was posted into an Announcement about a short-duration issue with an spamcop.net e-mail server. That issue was resolved within the hour of beng noticed.

Secondary bit is that "gateway timeouts" are not a normal error condition of the spamcop.net e-mail service. On the other hand, those errors are not that rare on the Reporting side of the house. Not sure of the timezones involved, but coincidentally, 0600 is mentioned in the post and 0600 on the "Reporting System Server Status" graphic/link at the top of this page does show a sever drop-out issue that covers an 0600 timeframe ....???? This also fed into the decision to split the post out from where it was posted and move it into the Reporting Help Forum section ..????

7/6 9:45 AM PST... anyone notice that SCMail is going as normal, but the reporting side of SCMail is going very slow?

There really isn't a "reporting side" of the SpamCop.net e-mail system. The "Reporting system is all IronPort hardware on the west coast (as compared to the e-mail system which is on the east coast) .. there may some other (time) issue involved in exactly how you submit, but the basic question is .. have you looked at the graphic, followed the link to a full-screen display to note the variations today in "report processing" ...???? That's why I placed the graphic link 'here' so that the data would be available even if www.spamcop.net was totally down ....

Yea, I saw the graph and check it often, though I'll admit I can't see from that what the effect will be to loading time of the reporting system.

That's actually what I've noticed: the loading and submitting of reports is taking longer than usual. Some days, I can get a report to load within 1 second and also submit in that same time, but yesterday and today (on two different networks) the pages take 10-15 seconds to load. I just wondered if there was a network issue with the reporting aspect, because the mail is loading fast, as usual.

Archived