How do I tell how long I will remain logged in?

Miss Betsy

...The "answer" does not seem to me to be responsive to the question (even though it is the answer for which the OP was looking). I believe the question should be phrased: "How may I determine how long I will remain logged in?" I therefore propose to change the topic title.

...Does anyone disagree?

always saw this as a "How to log on" part of the "How to use.." type of page ....

flip-side ... just where would this question be dropped into the big FAQ here?

The same thing exists within this Forum for example .... multiple ways of logging in, but only one spot to click the "Remember me" box if one wants the cookie to be 'permanent' .... Noting that the 'strong cookie' used in 2.2.x even changes this a bit ....

...The "answer" does not seem to me to be responsive to the question (even though it is the answer for which the OP was looking). I believe the question should be phrased: "How may I determine how long I will remain logged in?" I therefore propose to change the topic title.

...Does anyone disagree?

No, I don't disagree.

Miss Betsy

flip-side ... just where would this question be dropped into the big FAQ here?

After a quick look, I would drop in between "Rules Everybody Read" and "Why was my authorization revoked?" in the Spamcop Reporting and Parsing section.

Miss Betsy

As all the disconneted pages are distinctly different, some functions the same but placed differently, some pages don't have all functions .. the thought comes to me of a FAQ entry along the lines of "(How are) Cookies used by the SpamCop.net system" ....

Technically, this information does exist already .. here under the 'Help' link ...

hmmm, what I was ron the www.spamcop.net page I don't see/can't find now .... (perhaps because the IronPort Privacy policy now covers it???)

The official FAQ talks about cookies in a few places, but ....

How can I get my browser to remember my password? seems to be the only one that goes into any expanded detail, but .. I also am of the thought that the "pop-up" mentioned is actually the web-mail process ....????

The other 'official' FQ links seen in this quick search are in fact web-mal related ...

Free & Fuel type reporters accessing www.spamcop.net

E-mail acount holders accessing both www.spamcop.net and mailsc.spamcop.net

Forum users

Wiki users

(FAQ tools that I haven't deleted yet .. so no data needed on them)

...Does anyone disagree?

...There having been no objections raised in over the past 24 hours and it being an action easily reversed, I have proceeded with my proposal to change the topic title. Well, actually, I had to shorten it a bit to fit it into the available number of characters.

Archived