"Appears to traverse more than one domain" problem

Hi.

Several weeks ago I noticed that reported emails from one of my mailhosts were all being ignored by Spamcop.

Probably stupidly, I thought that if something had gone wrong I might be able to fix it by removing that mailhost, then entering it again a day or two later.

Except that Spamcop won't accept it this time. I'm getting the message that it 'appears to traverse more than one domain.'

I'm really not good at this tech stuff, but I'd like to be able to start reporting spam again, and I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me any advice on what I'm missing or getting wrong.

Many thanks!

John Scott

Several weeks ago I noticed that reported emails from one of my mailhosts were all being ignored by Spamcop.

As stated, this phrase doesn't make a lot of sense. The MailHost configuration of your Reporting Account only feeds a database that is consulted during the parsing of a submittal. The words "ignored by SpamCop" really don't fly .... the actual issue would be the actual delivery/processing of your submittal .. did that ISP allow it to leave their servers for instance? Maybe something else, there are FAQ entries here on this very subject.

Probably stupidly, I thought that if something had gone wrong I might be able to fix it by removing that mailhost, then entering it again a day or two later.

Except that Spamcop won't accept it this time. I'm getting the message that it 'appears to traverse more than one domain.'

There has been no feedback that the MailHost system/database/code/whatever has yet been fixed .. on the other hand, you are not reporting the database errors from that problem ????

I'm really not good at this tech stuff, but I'd like to be able to start reporting spam again, and I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me any advice on what I'm missing or getting wrong.

No one here can guess at the actual problem without seeing any data ..... If can't find the previous postings and resolutions of this error message (yes, it has been seen before) from the Search tools provided, if the answer doesn't exist in the FAQ entry I started on MailHost Configuration problems, then your next step would be to re-read the "Read before posting" Pinned entry by Ellen and follow her directions in order to talk to the only people that have access to that database.

I'm getting the message that it 'appears to traverse more than one domain.'

That's enough data for me to figure out what the trouble is.

We're having a problem with processing configuration test messages when the email is handled by more than one domain, or host, or service provider.

The problem appeared about a week ago. We all know about it. A fix has been "imminent" for several days. We're still waiting and thinking that it will happen any time now.

If you want to send me your username (email address you registered with us for an account) maybe I can help get that host fixed for you.

Please send me email at service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived