POP server dead?

Having trouble getting mail via POP - using Apple Mail and configuration is pop.spamcop.net port 110 password auth

Was working less than an hour ago - now won't pull mail... not sure cause - webmail working fine, just not POP account access.

Admin Edit: extracted from http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8724 .. that issue is about the inability to even ping the server .... the issue involved here seems to be a failure of the POP server .... I have multiple PMs currently complaining abou tthis .... this 'new' post will be used as the starting post of a 'new' Topic in a different Forum section.

Is there a problem with the Spamcop POP3 server at the moment? I can get to the "Webmail" site with no problems, but when I try to download my mail via POP3 my client (Outlook Express) connects, but then just times out without trying to authorise.

I'm connecting to "mail.spamcop.net".

Regards,

Chris

Admin Edit: Merged this new post into an existing Topic (which actually didn't exist when Chris made this post)

To: "JT"

Cc: "trevorb"

Subject: POP3 is down

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 01:52:30 -0500

As reported in multiple PMs, posted to the Forum, posted to the newsgroups .....

telnet 216.154.195.50 25

Connecting To 216.154.195.50...

Could not open connection to the host, on port 25

:Connect failed

Unfortunately it's the start of the working day here in the UK :). Never mind - as long as JT is aware of it; at least Webmail's OK. Hopefully it'll be back later in the day.

Same sentiments here, reaching the end of the business day in Japan. At least Webmail works.

Richard

Archived