E-Mail Disappearance After Creating Filters

Today I created two new filters. Since deleted.

After running them one time ALL of the email in my inbox disappeared, leaving me with zero messages. I had several hundred.

I have checked both the held mail folder and the trash folder and do not find any of them.

1) Any ideas of what happened

2) Did the entire inbox get moved to a new location? Where?

3) Is there anyway of getting the content back?

cheers,

br

Today I created two new filters. Since deleted.

No data provided on just what you actually attemptrd to do with these filter rules.

After running them one time ALL of the email in my inbox disappeared, leaving me with zero messages. I had several hundred.

see above

I have checked both the held mail folder and the trash folder and do not find any of them.

1) Any ideas of what happened

see above.

2) Did the entire inbox get moved to a new location? Where?

This would not be anything normally associated with a 'filter rule' being added / applied. This would be symptomatic of a system failure ... which by this time would have caused all kinds of traffic here and in the newsgroups. That hasn't happened (yet)

3) Is there anyway of getting the content back?

I do know that backups are made. Whether this fact would also mean that "your" e-mail could be retreived is not something I can answer. However, you left no data here that identifies you, you used some other ISP/Domain acount to register here, so again, no identification that I can use to go upstream with for you.

What 'exactly' was your filter rule? Realizing that as you've already deleted what you had, there's going to be an obvious question as to whether you can provide the 'exact' data. What would seem to be the easiest answer, you wrote up a filter that was supposed to delete 'some' e-mail, but wrote the rule in such a way that 'all' your e-mail was handled by that filter rule. Without seeing that 'exact rule' there's not much anyone on this side of the screen can directly point to .....

Archived