Huge increase in spam lately?

ob1db

Is it just me? I have had a steady diet of 40-50 spams a day, give or take, for years. The last month or so I notice that I need to Quick Report at least double that, sometimes TRIPLE! (This is on my SpamCop filtered account). SpamCop is catching most of them in my held mail, but it is getting annoying.

I Googled the topic but see no comments generally on the NET about a spam upsurge.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

David

Yep, definite upswing despite my ISP's valiant efforts to cocoon me from the brutish world outside <_< . I'm seeing an increase in bulletin-board spammer links to exploit sites too. Presumably that means more zombies down the track and hence more attacks on anti-spamming activies and more spam to go with it.

Is it just me? I have had a steady diet of 40-50 spams a day, give or take, for years. The last month or so I notice that I need to Quick Report at least double that, sometimes TRIPLE! (This is on my SpamCop filtered account). SpamCop is catching most of them in my held mail, but it is getting annoying.

Are you looking at the headers of these messages to see why? Often, this is due to an address being whitelisted.

OOPs. sorry, just noticed the SpamCop is catching them line. Nevermind

I Googled the topic but see no comments generally on the NET about a spam upsurge.

Anyone else seeing this?

This does not appear to be a Reporting problem/issue. Moving to the Lounge area .... debating about merging it into one one the numerous existing Topics addressing the same question/issue.

Archived