Adding New Yahoo Mailhost

How does one add a Yahoo! Mailhost? After submitting, with all the headers, I still get the following message:

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers. Please consult this FAQ

for more information on getting full headers from your software, then try

again.

http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Based on some recent traffic here, submitting via email is not working for some setups which have not been fully defined. That wiill also affect the Mailhost submission. I know I was able to submit via email one message at a time from the "original webmail" application by holding down the control key (Windows) while clicking the Forward button while in the message.

You can paste the headers into the web page if you can find them. You may also need to follow the first pinned item in this topic to contact the Deputies.

• 5 months later...

No feedback from the starting poster. The following was received via PM .... it could eventually end up being a Reporting issue (a different Forum section which already includes traffic on this specific issue) ... However, this PM seems to suggest that the present problem is the MailHost Configuration situation. And .. as this subject seems to impact so many folks, it hardly seems like an item to be discussed in "private" ....

Hello Wazoo. I apologize for the PM but i followed your instructions to a tee on how to send mail as an attachment and the current Verizon Yahoo Mail no longer has these options in its mail menu. I consulted the live chat help as to how to activate full headers at all times and he said the full headers were already there which they were not. I showed him the option for full headers which only pop up in a window and do not integrate themselves into the messege and he said that was scri_pt information and not full headers even though the window with the text says "full headers"!

I currently use Verizon Yahoo Mail. If i try to forward the messege directly i get an error messege from spamcop saying no headers found. If i send the body of the email as an attachment which i can only do through notepad, i get no headers found. If i copy and paste the full headers window and manually paste it on the spamcop header line, then paste the body on the header line or the body line, i still get the same no headers found crap. I have searched the forums and done evrything possible. And this is just to verify my verizon.net IP configuration e mail spamcop sent me! Any suggestions to overcome this delemma? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

No idea as to just what "instructions" might be referenced. As I do not use Verizon, the only way I (for sure) could see the same thing as you would be to have you PM me your login data so I could actually see and work with your actual account details (if you in fact decide to do that, please identify the Subject line of an e-mail that I could work with.)

The best I can do for now is start from scratch once again.

Windows XP-Pro .... IE7 ... logged into web-based (U.S.) [free] Yahoo e-mail account

Still the 'old' version, based on the purple banner stating that the 'new Yahoo e-mail is here" showing

Options | General Preferences .. seems to be the only logical place for those previously suggested settings ..

There is nothing there now about "full headers" .. actually the only thing showing for Forwarding is in the advertising blocks for the Plus version ... so things have changed for me now also apparently.

Attempted to Forward an e-mail .... full headers not included ... most definitely not "as an attachment," strictly an "in-line" construct.

While Viewing an e-mail, there is a "Full Headers" link at the bottom right .. click that and full headers appear in the viewing window. This had no impact on the next attempt to use the Forward link .. full headers were still not included. (and again, still "in-line)

When looking at doing a cut/paste operation, I see that there are issues with what's displayed ... so one has to be careful about just what gets selected for the cut/paste operation ....

Top line is the Subject line content, preceded by an icon to "Flag this e-mail" .... followed by a blank line

Second line (of text) is a "From" line ... however, it's a bit of a reconstruction based on the 'real' "From:" line .. also followed by yet another blank line

Third line (of text) is where the "full headers" actually start ...

So if a cut/paste operation is what you're going to do, the selection of the "full headers" starts on the fifth line (actual) [or third line of displayed text]

.. Cart that copied selection to the logged-in www.spamcop.net web page, insert into the single entry-form box and hit the Enter/Return key twice (or paste into the top box if the Eudora/Outlook Workaround mode is selected)

... Back to the Yahoo page, select and copy the e-mail body content

..... paste that into the single box below the blank line (or bottom box)

....... hit the Submit button

Traffic on Yahoo e-mail issues over in the Reporting Help Forum section include some folks talking about holding down the CTRL-key while clicking on the Forward link .... I tried this, sent an e-mail to sanother account, checked the content ... full headers were found within the attachement. However, the complaint is that this doesn't work on a Mac, due to the lack of the appropriately coded software on Yahoo's end to accept any of the Mac 'equivelants' to the CTRL-key.

This should allow the processing of the MailHost Configuration e-mail. If not, then see the above post about reading the Pinned items, specifically those made by Ellen.

Feedback (here) would be appreciated.

PM sent to point user to this Topic.

The user may have some success by copy/pasting the full headers and text into our web form at http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

I originally made the assumption that this was the page described in the lines "If i copy and paste the full headers window and manually paste it on the spamcop header line, then paste the body on the header line or the body line" .... but then went with the possibility that perhaps it was the two-part Eudora/Outlook workaround entry form .. bottom line, still don't really know due to the lack of dpecific detail offered up.

I went to the extreme of doing the step-by-step as I beleive that the actual problem is based on the copying of "everything" that's displayed, which would include some badly formatted lines in addition to the blank lines occurring too early ....

If he wants to contact me directly, I will be happy to help.

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Yes, that's pretty much what Ellen's Pinned posts state, in addition to trying the same page you referenced. As stated in my last, this 'minor detail' of cut/pasted content needs to be either proven correct or not as the result also leads to problems with future Reporting. Te possibility of you simply massaging this user's account to resolve the MalHost Configuration issue would not solve the actual problem/issue.

And also noting, this issue has impacted a number of folks ... as seen in traffic over in the Reporting Help Forum section.

For example;

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9502

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9368

This should allow the processing of the MailHost Configuration e-mail. If not, then see the above post about reading the Pinned items, specifically those made by Ellen.

Hello Wazoo and thank you for the prompt reply. I will attempt your suggestion here in the post and get back to you promptly. I will try to get back to you in 24 hours with the results. Thanks again!

Moderator Edit: Fixed the quote tags

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my yahoo (free) and (newer) version account. I keep getting the "headers not found" error message. I have read some of the pinned message and tried everything that I can. Maybe I am over looking something simple here, any help would be appreciated here.

I have tried the forward it method with no success, i get a reply email that gives the no headers message.

and I have tried the copy paste method, still with no success. :(

I have tried the forward it method with no success, i get a reply email that gives the no headers message.

As far as the cut/paste method goes .... I thought I did a great step-by-step tutorial. The end result n the "submit window" on the Parsing & Reporting system should be (single-box form) the headers starting at the top of that box, a blank line, then the body. Again, the only blank line should be between the headers and the body. However, you didn't mention any other possib;e isues involved, software, OS, computer, etc.

That said, where did my step-by-step fail in your attempt? (Having to note the disappointment in the lack of follow-up from SuperSpamFighter2CE as to his/er end results.) Have you contacted Don/Deputies or are you one of those folks that's going to complain about the lack of a response from them?

Thanks for the fast reply wazoo. As far as the technical information goes, Win XP (media edition) using firefox (latest edition with all updates) on a dell inspirion e1505 machine.

On the walk through I am getting stuck on the copy and paste part. I know that for you this seems simple. I am not following the part where you say that the first line is this and second line and so on.

What I am actually doing is this, Logging into yahoo, checking the mail for the spamcop emails. I open that email, I then go to full head button on the far right of the reading pane. (this is where i get lost) I copy the whole full header information and paste that into the top submition box. then I copy the full email text and paste it under the header information, only I leave a space between the header and the email text. I then hit the process button. and I get the error message of no hear or cant find header.

I have also tried all this but when copying the full header information I start the copy on the 3rd line of the full header info. and then follow everything that I listed above.

I hope this helps some :)

X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCodeHere

For some reason, Yahoo has taken to stripping the "X-SpamCop-Conf" line out of the headers.

SpamCop expects to see the line in the headers, and if it's missing, the Mailhost Registration parse balks and returns the "no headers" error.

Received: from [69.254.171.187] by spamcop.net

with HTTP; Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:56:26 GMT

--> Put "X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCodeHere" line here <--

From: SpamCop robot <mhconf.SecretCodeHere[at]cmds.spamcop.net>

If you copy the line out of the body text and paste it into the headers below the bottom "Received" line, SpamCop will accept the email for processing.

I did that for you, and your Yahoo host is registered on your account now.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Thanks for the quick help. I tired it and now it is working correctly. You might want to update the walk through to allow for this new step. :)

Tanks for the feedback, glad it's now resolved. Actually, it looks like a whole new FAQ/Wiki entry needs to be created to address this 'new' situation. So from that perspective, I'm having to ask for some clarification as to what's 'wrong' about my description of what I saw when I did that walk-through .... has Yahoo changed even more stuff?

On the walk through I am getting stuck on the copy and paste part. I know that for you this seems simple. I am not following the part where you say that the first line is this and second line and so on.

What did you see specifically?

Tanks for the feedback, glad it's now resolved. Actually, it looks like a whole new FAQ/Wiki entry needs to be created to address this 'new' situation. So from that perspective, I'm having to ask for some clarification as to what's 'wrong' about my description of what I saw when I did that walk-through .... has Yahoo changed even more stuff?

What did you see specifically?

It would seem that as one of the admins found out, they are actually striping out that one line of code where the secret code is being place. As far as your second questions concerns, from my perspective, it was almost like you were saying NOT to include the first 2 or 3 lines on the header when pasting it into the first mailhost return box.

But here is something odd that I found, and this may be due to my lack of knowledge. In my mail hosts now, I see that I have 3 mail hosts. 1 is the main yahoo 2 is another yahoo and 3 is a prodigy mail host. Is prodigy a part of the yahoo mail system? :unsure:

It would seem that as one of the admins found out, they are actually striping out that one line of code where the secret code is being place. As far as your second questions concerns, from my perspective, it was almost like you were saying NOT to include the first 2 or 3 lines on the header when pasting it into the first mailhost return box.

My description would include both MailHost Configuration steps and following Reporting procedures. And yes, what I saw, trying to copy/paste what was actually displayed within the Yahoo 'full headers' screen would result in an error from the parser, as it contained badly constructed lines and extra blank lines at the top of that window/box, both of these conditions leading to bad parse results. As I said, the "real header data" didn't start until the fifth line down in that specific window/box. (Neither of the 'ignored lines' in that description included the line now described as stripped/missing.) However, this is what my question was all about .. why weren't you seeing these top lines, with the extra blank lines interspersed?

But here is something odd that I found, and this may be due to my lack of knowledge. In my mail hosts now, I see that I have 3 mail hosts. 1 is the main yahoo 2 is another yahoo and 3 is a prodigy mail host. Is prodigy a part of the yahoo mail system?

As described/stated in numerous places, the MailHost Configuration database is shared ,, one issue was that if the first person came up a novel name to identify a particular server, anyone else coming along later that used that same server was left scratching their heads as to why their server wasn't listed, but this really weird server was in their listing. On top of that, Yahoo having literally thousands of e-mail servers, adding more all the time, don't ve surprised to see 'your' list change, grow, etc.

• 1 year later...
I am having the same problem with my yahoo (free) and (newer) version account. I keep getting the "headers not found" error message. I have read some of the pinned message and tried everything that I can. Maybe I am over looking something simple here, any help would be appreciated here.

Same issue I'm having right now. But the forward it method works for me.

Archived