Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test topic
SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > Testing
dbiel
test
dbiel
additional test

edit, it is suprising how may views this little test topic has had.
Farelf
QUOTE(dbiel @ Jul 5 2006, 08:07 PM) *
... it is suprising how may views this little test topic has had.
The views on fairly well all the test topics are way out of proportion to the contents - grounds for endless conjecture.
Farelf
Test post ignore
Telarin
I think its because we're all interested to see what you are testing...
qjvgpuryy
QUOTE(Farelf @ Sep 19 2006, 09:36 PM) *
Test post ignore

Oh, and by the way, don't think of an elephant.
Farelf
QUOTE(Telarin @ Sep 20 2006, 09:38 PM) *
I think its because we're all interested to see what you are testing...
QUOTE(qjvgpuryy @ Sep 20 2006, 11:15 PM) *

Oh, and by the way, don't think of an elephant.
To explain: just looking at what happens to links when a post is moved. This was where it was moved "to". The link to the previous location then went to the top of the old topic. But then I am, as often confessed, a consistent liar.
turetzsr
QUOTE(Farelf @ Sep 20 2006, 04:26 PM) *
<snip>
To explain: .... But then I am, as often confessed, a consistent liar.
"But there was ...
"no explosion.
"What?
"He lied.
"Everything [Farelf] tells you is a lie.
"Everything [Farelf] tells you is a lie.
Farelf: "Listen to this carefully, Norman.
Farelf: "I am lying.
Norman:"You say you are lying,
Norman:"but if everything you say is a lie,
Norman:"then you are telling the truth, but ...
Norman:"you cannot tell the truth
Norman:"because everything you say is a lie.
Norman:"You lie -- You tell the truth --
Norman:"But you cannot --
Norman:"Illogical!
Norman:"Illogical!
Norman:"Please explain."
Wazoo
QUOTE(Farelf @ Jul 6 2006, 08:02 AM) *
The views on fairly well all the test topics are way out of proportion to the contents - grounds for endless conjecture.

I am forced to look, just to see "what" is being tested .... for all I know, someone may be checking to see if the the web page is flammable <g>
StevenUnderwood
QUOTE(Farelf @ Jul 6 2006, 09:02 AM) *

I'm just nosy and read every unread message wink.gif
turetzsr
QUOTE(StevenUnderwood @ Sep 21 2006, 11:45 AM) *
...Ditto.
qjvgpuryy
QUOTE(StevenUnderwood @ Sep 21 2006, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(turetzsr @ Sep 21 2006, 03:09 PM) *
...Ditto.

I must admit that so am I. blush.gif
DavidT
I must admit that so am I.

Just testing some quoting, since someone else is having some problems with it this morning.

Looks as if it's working OK...
dbiel
I believe that the problem is the number of quotes used.
There seems to be a limit on how many quotes can be contained in a single post.
dbiel
Copy of problem post with much of the text deleted to shorten post for testing - see following post that will delete some quotes to isolate problem

[quote]It is not possible to see others reports unless you receive them via email.[/quote]
Bum. As you'll appreciate, I'm a bit stuck here, because our hosts won't let me in to see my e-mail at all

[quote]"Double OPt-in" in a spammers term. Confirmed opt-in is the preferred term, if that is what you are doing.[/quote]
How embarrassing. I've always called it "verifying" but a rapid glance about the place suggested the accepted term was "double-opt-in." Anyway, yes, that's the idea: there's a Mailing List page where you lob

[quote]As a paying reporter, I can see some information on that IP as follows:[/quote]
I'm not a paying reporter, but that's exactly the info I see -- I wasn't sure if it was okay to post the

[quote]I see Mill's list, some misdirected bounces, and some phishing attempts, all spam, but maybe not from you if it is indeed a shared server.[/quote]
No, we're the List bits only. Maybe the bounces, come to think of it -- theweekly.co.uk's recently been vics,

[quote]The 2 Mil's lists were both mole reports, so no full report is sent. You will need to contact the anything that would allow you to whitelist (remove) the reporter.[/quote]
Exc, I'll try that. As I say, if the reporting address has to concealed, that's fine. Obviously it'd be nice to

[quote]In most cases, if there are 2 reports, it means many others received the message who also don't want it but simply delete it.[/quote]
That would be a big surprise, because of the verification bit. We simply don't know your address until you

[quote]You may want to sign up for a free ISP account - see How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?[/quote]
It says I'm already registered, so I'm guessing the ISP account has the same functionality as the e-mail .

[quote]As a mole, I would have to add (2d) that mole reports do not contribute to the blocklist. They may to be listed in isolation of more "accountable" reports nor can they even do as much as prolong the period of listing (not for many months past).[/quote]
Spook. The mystery thickens. As I say, from my shallow understanding of Spamcop the fact any block that

[quote]Mil's Mailing List has had nothing to do with the IP's listing on the basis of the evidence seen. The OP's ISP has shot the (sitting ducks come to mind).[/quote]

[quote]Sounds like you've got a fairly accurate understanding of what happened, but most of us here can't give you any more specifics because we're fellow users, not SpamCop admins. I'd recommend that you try to reach the Deputies at: deputies at admin dot spamcop dot net.[/quote]

[quote]They might be willing to give you a better picture of what caused that IP to get listed, because it *might* involve spamtrap hits from "after the fact" bounce activity, and they'd be able to see that.[/quote]
That'd be interesting because, as you'd expect from a slightly popular, wildly irregular newsletter, we have
[quote]As for those moles, you should report them to the Deputies as well, in that they seem to be reporting things that they signed up to receive and that diminishes the efforts of the rest of the SpamCop users.[/quote]
My instinctive grasp of quoting, there.
StevenUnderwood
QUOTE(dbiel @ Nov 1 2006, 10:04 AM) *

I believe that the problem is the number of quotes used.
There seems to be a limit on how many quotes can be contained in a single post.

Glad someone has an answer, I looked over that post (and re-edited it) several times before giving up.
dbiel
Deleted first 4 quotes for testing

The 2 Mil's lists were both mole reports, so no full report is sent. You will need to contact the anything that would allow you to whitelist (remove) the reporter.

Exc, I'll try that. As I say, if the reporting address has to concealed, that's fine. Obviously it'd be nice to

In most cases, if there are 2 reports, it means many others received the message who also don't want it but simply delete it.

That would be a big surprise, because of the verification bit. We simply don't know your address until you

You may want to sign up for a free ISP account - see How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?

It says I'm already registered, so I'm guessing the ISP account has the same functionality as the e-mail .

As a mole, I would have to add (2d) that mole reports do not contribute to the blocklist. They may to be listed in isolation of more "accountable" reports nor can they even do as much as prolong the period of listing (not for many months past).

Spook. The mystery thickens. As I say, from my shallow understanding of Spamcop the fact any block that

Mil's Mailing List has had nothing to do with the IP's listing on the basis of the evidence seen. The OP's ISP has shot the (sitting ducks come to mind).

Sounds like you've got a fairly accurate understanding of what happened, but most of us here can't give you any more specifics because we're fellow users, not SpamCop admins. I'd recommend that you try to reach the Deputies at: deputies at admin dot spamcop dot net.

They might be willing to give you a better picture of what caused that IP to get listed, because it *might* involve spamtrap hits from "after the fact" bounce activity, and they'd be able to see that.

That'd be interesting because, as you'd expect from a slightly popular, wildly irregular newsletter, we have
As for those moles, you should report them to the Deputies as well, in that they seem to be reporting things that they signed up to receive and that diminishes the efforts of the rest of the SpamCop users.

My instinctive grasp of quoting, there.
Farelf
QUOTE(1)
"Semper edam," snorted Good Queen Bess, "why must one always have this Dutch cheese?"

QUOTE(2)
"Semper edam," snorted Good Queen Bess, "why must one always have this Dutch cheese?"

QUOTE(3)

QUOTE(4)

QUOTE(5)

QUOTE(6)

QUOTE(7)

QUOTE(8)

QUOTE(9)

QUOTE(10)

Yes, 10 is the limit - add one more and kapow
DavidT
Good catch, dbiel.

dt
Wazoo
10 quotes per post is the curent setting.
I 'fixed' the original problem post by converting a couple 'quote' tags to 'code' statements.

Background: FireFox (1.0.x) tended to blow up at around 12 to 14 embedded quotes. Opera tended to blow up at something around 9 to 12 embedded quotes. The limit setting at 10 embedded quotes per post has been the Default and recommended setting since version 2.0.1 or so .... making that a couple of years now ....
Farelf
QUOTE(dbiel @ Jul 5 2006, 08:07 PM) *
...edit, it is suprising how may views this little test topic has had.
Test topics appear to be treated pretty much like "How to use" pages. Just taking the "top" pages of various forums currently (by linear correlation) -

TEST Views 1272 + 151 per reply
HOW TO USE - Forum, Reporting Views 1735 + 374 per reply

Contrast with

HELP - Reporting, BL, Mail, Mailhosts Views 72 + 33 per reply
LOUNGE Views 25 per reply

Fairly obviously the length of time any given topic spends on the forum's "front page" has a lot to do with it.

(Some correlations are "weak" - they do not account for much of the variance - but all are assured by high confidence levels - the least of which indicates 1/34,543 probability of chance attribution).

[It's a test to see if various characters are altered in quick edit `~ @ #$%^&*-_=+"<>?/\|]
Farelf
Test of APEWS multi-moderation option

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS. However, because the APEWS FAQ was apparently misunderstood, the following data is provided;

Note: This isn't guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.
- read it at: What to do if you are listed on APEWS
________________________________________________________________________________

[APEWS] removed from topic title - it works fine
Makc666
He all there! smile.gif
Farelf
Who/what is Stukachkov and what did he, she, it or they do to you?
dbiel
QUOTE(Makc666 @ Aug 28 2007, 04:04 AM) *
He all there! smile.gif
Interesting how we end up with a post that shows total posts by the user = 0
Wazoo
this forum section does not 'count' posts .. so it doesn't increment the user's post count either ...
TestMember
test
Farelf
Test
  1. IPB Image
  2. *
i. img fetched (only) when not logged in. When logged, opens link in new page
Wazoo
QUOTE(Farelf @ May 17 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Test
  1. IPB Image
  2. *
i. img fetched (only) when not logged in. When logged, opens link in new page

Not forgotten, it's just that I recall when I looked at this before my aunt died, there were some other issues beyond what you'd asked about. I will get back to it, sorry for the delay.
dbiel
QUOTE(Wazoo @ May 30 2008, 03:51 PM) *
sorry for the delay.
You are expecting far more from yourself than anyone here is expecting. In fact you have been here much more than expected considering the current state of affairs.
Farelf
QUOTE(dbiel @ May 31 2008, 10:31 AM) *
You are expecting far more from yourself than anyone here is expecting.
Exactly right, I didn't anticipate a response - just seemed to have some interesting possibilities if left. Or it might be desirable to change the behavior. Nothing worth any sort of priority of itself. But raised partly because such things sometimes lead elsewhere, to more worthy things.

[Sorry myself for not jumping in more quickly with assurances - a server or two seems to have briefly gone offline here with a local thunder storm. Send her down Hughie! Rain, that is, you can hold off on the St Barbara's dear old dad stuff.]
StevenUnderwood
spam (all caps)

spam (mixed case)

SPAMCOP (all caps)

SpamCop (mixed case)
Farelf
ЅРАМ TM
ЅPAM TM
SРAM TM
SPАM TM
SPAМ TM

Takes uncommon effort, not a risk (and will fall apart on quick edit, etc.).
0405, 0420, etc.
Farelf
lɯ�‡ɥ�™dıl�Ÿ/ɯo�”�™pɐ�Ÿ�Œǝɹ�™ʍʍʍ//:d�‡�‡ɥ - dıl�Ÿ �ƒuı�‡sǝ�‡

Well, sort of cool. But of course it doesn't stand up to the quick edits.

lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ɯoɔ˙pɐɟʌǝɹ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ - dılɟ ƃuıʇsǝʇ
dra007
Curiosity killed the cat?

sort of rethorical..
Farelf
QUOTE(dra007 @ Sep 19 2008, 10:25 PM) *
Curiosity killed the cat?

sort of rethorical..
˙˙lɐɔıɹoɥʇǝɹ ɟo ʇɹos

¿ʇɐɔ ǝɥʇ pǝllıʞ ʎʇısoıɹnɔ

www.revfad.com/flip.html
Farelf
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2650/k767.jpg]

Just testing ...
Farelf
Spreadsheet with TABL codes - key entry 10/05/2012 9:00:00 AM (DD/MM/YYY regional setting) in PDT (-0700) zone. HOUR column, DAY and DATE by format (hh:ss, dddd & ddmm'yy). Other zones' HOUR, DAY & DATE by offset from key (1/24 increments). Copy, Paste into Notepad, Copy, Paste into Word, Ctrl-H find space, replace all (nothing) More button, Special button, find tab character, replace all, find paragraph mark, replace all.

ZoneHourDayDate
+120004:00Friday11May'12
+110003:00Friday11May'12
+100002:00Friday11May'12
+090001:00Friday11May'12
+080000:00Friday11May'12
+070023:00Thursday10May'12
+060022:00Thursday10May'12
+050021:00Thursday10May'12
+040020:00Thursday10May'12
+030019:00Thursday10May'12
+020018:00Thursday10May'12
+010017:00Thursday10May'12
000016:00Thursday10May'12
-010015:00Thursday10May'12
-020014:00Thursday10May'12
-030013:00Thursday10May'12
-040012:00Thursday10May'12
-050011:00Thursday10May'12
-060010:00Thursday10May'12
-070009:00Thursday10May'12
-080008:00Thursday10May'12
-090007:00Thursday10May'12
-100006:00Thursday10May'12
-110005:00Thursday10May'12
-120004:00Thursday10May'12
Farelf
http://translate.google.com/#hi/en/%E0%A4%9C%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%AA%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B%0A%E0%A4%9C%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE%20%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B

Jaan pahachan ho, Jeena asaan ho. Okay, doesn't translate well - more along the lines of "(We should) get (properly) acquainted - (it would) make life more simple". Lines of the famous (in India) song resurrected in Heineken ads last year.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=XnBbjc5hmho&p=n

Music on hold for those scam calls - the tell-tale 3 seconds silence then "Hello? Mr Ramsbotham? My name is David, I'm from the Windows Support Centre, OK? And we've been detecting serious errors and downloads of suspicious and malicious files to your computer, OK? To fix this problem I first need you to press the Windows key on your keyboard OK?... Hello?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hxXu0qD9Nc

Report with the 6 digit pincode the scammers provide to take over the PC (via www.support.me, support.me, logmein.com, logmein123.com) and the date-time and timezone when provided to:

scamreport[at]logmein.com OR
https://secure.logmein.com/contactus

QUOTE(http://community.logmein.com/t5/Rescue/SCAM-artists-using-LogMeIn-for-nefarious-ends/td-p/65824/page/3)
The domain mentioned belongs to LogMeIn and is intended for legitimate remote support use. Fraudulent or illegal use is a direct violation or our terms. It is something we take very seriously, act on immediately, and investigate thoroughly, sometimes in assistance of law enforcement.
Farelf
Looks like someone is now blocking connection to www.support.me from my location/provider (still up and running via proxies/watchmouse.com etc. also pings work from my PC) - somewhat misguided since it is a legitimate service, simply abused. Ah well, my favourite "Windows Support Center" still gave me a six-digit code to type in which I promptly e-mailed to scamreport[at]logmein.com biggrin.gif

Anyone know the failure message if an incorrect code is entered there? Next time I might try stringing the scammers along using that, to see how many codes they will give me to report. Better in bulk, eh?

[edit] Ah, never mind, got it. It is

Code does not exist. Please contact your support provider.
Farelf
QUOTE(Farelf @ Aug 27 2012, 01:38 PM) *

Looks like someone is now blocking connection to www.support.me from my location/provider ...
Oh, www.support.me wasn't blocked by the way - just the "Windows Support Centre" favourite method of using the run box to access the internet. All sorts of other URL connects, except through a browser, affected as well (links from dialog boxes, tcpIQ dictionary consultations, attachments to Yahoo7 webmail compositions, etc. all suddenly not working). But, it turns out, following some update of something, one now needs to specify a default browser. Hitherto those connections initiated from outside a browser picked up IE if no default was set. That stopped following M$ apparently taking a rare step back from imposing itself. Once a default browser is specified, it all works again.

JIC others with multiple browsers experiencing the same (it was fair getting up my left nostril, I can tell you, so many possibilities to explore, so few clues). Microsoft update still opens via IE, if installed, regardless of the default (that's a good thing in my case). They haven't retreated all the way biggrin.gif
Farelf
(test remote img link, then remove)

Yep, Firefox addin "collusion" confirms information sent to remote location whenever the image is viewed (whenever page is loaded). Well, we knew that but still ...

That's (one of the reasons) why remote images are not allowed in these forums.
Farelf
Talking of the "Collusion" Firefox addin, interesting what it shows when logging in to and (particularly) out of free webmail accounts:

Free Hotmail account: log in

When you visit live.com it informs the following websites about you.
  • demdex.net
  • trouter.io
  • skype.com
  • live.net
  • msecnd.net
  • wlxrs.com
  • atdmt.com
  • msads.net
  • microsoft.com
  • bluekai.com
  • omtrdc.net
  • bkrtx.com
  • gfx.ms
The site live.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.
  • msn.com
  • skype.com
log out

When you visit msn.com it informs the following websites about you.
  • adnxs.com
  • live.com
  • cloudapp.net
  • facebook.com
  • twitter.com
  • 2mdn.net
  • mediaplex.com
  • mookie1.com
  • ebay.com
  • doubleclick.net
  • atdmt.com
  • facebook.net
  • visualrevenue.com
  • bing.com
  • msads.net
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • s-msn.com
********************************************************************************

Free Yahoo account: log in

When you visit yahoo.com it informs the following websites about you.
  • imrworldwide.com
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • yimg.com
    • yieldmanager.com
    • abmr.net
The site yahoo.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.
  • yimg.com
log out

When you visit yahoo.com it informs the following websites about you.
  • yldmgrimg.net
  • dlqm.net
  • 2mdn.net
  • overture.com
  • questionmarket.com
  • doubleclick.net.
  • yahooapis.com
  • imrworldwide.com
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • yimg.com
    • tubemogul.com
    • adsfac.net
    • imrworldwide.com
    • yieldmanager.com
    • yahoo.com
    • abmr.net
The site yahoo.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.
  • yimg.com
********************************************************************************

Well, we knew "free" to be a relative term - no wonder SuperAntiSpyware gets such a workout scrubbing "adware" cookies every time it is run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.