• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mgolden

mgolden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

My wife has a Kindle. When she makes a purchase, Amazon sends a confirmation email. Amazon's mail server retries 6 times then gives up. Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of Greylisting? I've repeatedly gone into "Manage Greylist -- Rejected Entries" and ticked the Unblock - Allow box on the Amazon related entries but the problem persists.

#2 SpamCopAdmin

SpamCopAdmin

Been There

• SpamCop Staff
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Put both the Amazon "From" address, and "Return-Path" address on her SpamCop whitelist. That should bypass greylisting. Put the exact address on the whitelist. No wildcards or anything. Just the address. Just so there's no confusion... I work for the reporting side of SpamCop, which is a completely separate company from the Email Service you have your account with. If the problem is not about spam reporting, all I can offer is advice. - Don -

#3 turetzsr

turetzsr

What Life?

• Membersph
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Put both the Amazon "From" address, and "Return-Path" address on her SpamCop whitelist. That should bypass greylisting.
<snip>
If the problem is not about spam reporting, all I can offer is advice.

- Don -

...And, if I'm reading it correctly and there have been no changes since, your advice is supported "officially" by trevorb's reply in SpamCop Forum article "New Feature: Greylisting *UPDATED*" (last paragraph). :) <g>
...mgolden, please let us know whether or not this works for you by adding a reply here.

..Regards,
...Steve T

...A Happy SpamCop.net reporting user (not an employee)
...Please avoid replying via e-mail, as it is not secure

#4 mgolden

mgolden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

It appears that adding "digital-no-reply at amazon.com" to the whitelist takes care of the problem. Thank you for your assistance.

#5 turetzsr

turetzsr

What Life?

• Membersph
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hi, mgolden, ...Thank you for taking the time to let us know the good news! With this post, I am marking this article as "Resolved."

..Regards,
...Steve T

...A Happy SpamCop.net reporting user (not an employee)
...Please avoid replying via e-mail, as it is not secure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users