Jump to content


Photo

PopGate Supported Proprietary ISPs


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff G.

Jeff G.

    T-shirt wearing out

  • Membersph
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:48 PM

Proprietary ISPs MSN Hotmail, MSN, AOL, and Yahoo! are supported via a special gateway called PopGate. Please use the following configuration on the POP Configuration page at https://webmail.spam...p/popconfig.php or http://webmail.spamc...p/popconfig.php for each of them:

POP Server: popgate.cesmail.net
Username: Email Address at that ISP (including [at]hotmail.com, [at]msn.com, [at]aol.com, or [at]yahoo.com)
Password: Password for that Email Address


Please note that AOL Users incur minutes for the privilege of checking mail in this way. If you are not on an unlimited plan, beware!

Please also note that Yahoo! normally requires payment for the privilege of checking mail via POP, but this method is free.
Best Regards, Jeff G. (full signature)

#2 sonic

sonic

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:43 AM

Please also note that Yahoo! requires payment for the privilege of checking mail in this way.

I don't think you'll find that Yahoo requires payment... I know they require payment for pop3 access, but I've opted not to pay, and spamcop is able to fetch my mail with no cost (just send a test message, which arrived with no problems).

Malcolm
Malcolm Preen - Great Britain Old Timers #32
Goaltending is 90% mental, the other 10% is in your head
Ice Hockey Results and Tables

#3 Jeff G.

Jeff G.

    T-shirt wearing out

  • Membersph
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:38 PM

Please also note that Yahoo! requires payment for the privilege of checking mail in this way.

I don't think you'll find that Yahoo requires payment... I know they require payment for pop3 access, but I've opted not to pay, and spamcop is able to fetch my mail with no cost (just send a test message, which arrived with no problems).

Malcolm

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Thanks for checking. I will correct the post.
Best Regards, Jeff G. (full signature)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users