No Confirmation Requests Lately

Lodewijk

Hi!

I've tried to report some PayPal en Apple account phishing spam to SpamCop these last few days, but did not get the usual confirmation requests. The last successfully reported one was on September 14 I see on my past reports page. (I don't get spam often anymore,)

When I go to the contact page (http://www.spamcop.net/ces/contact.shtml) I get a "Could not locate remote server" message after hitting the Submit button..

As usual I've been using MailWasher with my SpamCop reporting address.

I wonder why I don't get replies from SpamCop anymore.

See http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/topic/14476-no-response-from-spam-submission-address/ - if that addresses your situation we will merge topics. If not - well, the contact page you link is working for me, maybe your network is having DNS issues? When you log-in to your http://members.spamcop.net/ page, do you find unreported spam waiting for you? Also, forum notifications are struggling to get through some (many?) networks at the moment. It's a sender authentication issue, probably, CISCO should be able to fix it.

Well, Steve T has pointed to the link to this complete diagnostic process in that other "No response" post, so probably better if you work your way through that. Too many unknowns otherwise.

Okay - my comment about forum notifications needs explanation - totally different server involved to that used for parser confirmation requests, it is just it could lead to anything purporting to come from ".spamcop.net" to be treated a little harshly by some networks right now.

Good luck!

P.S. also PM'd.

Come to think of it, the latest spam (September 14) before these phishing spams were not phising spams but just your run of the mill kind. So that is why Emsisoft Anti-Malware did not block them and I could report them to SpamCop as usual. My guess.

I set EAM to only give alerts from now on, and hope this also applies to email scanning.

The thing with phishing is of course that you can forward those emails to PayPal en Apple for example, as I did with the ones I received. For PayPal in my case it was: spoof[at]paypal.nl. For Apple: reportphishing[at]apple.com.

I don't know what they do with the phishing emails. Report them to SC? :)

Hi, Lodewijk,

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yes and, if you are so inclined, also to reportphishing[at]antiphishing.org. I also report all my spam to spam[at]uce.gov. If you reside outside of the US, that last would be relevant only for spam that has some connection with the USA.

Thanks for that reportphishing[at]antiphishing.org address.

I'm located in Europe.

Today I got a new Apple account phishing spam again. I tried to report it to SpamCop using MailWasher, but again no reply. In the past this worked fine.

It looks like it might have to do with:

At first my Emsisoft Anti-Malware blocked the phishing spam. But I thought I had disabeld that. Just now I noticed that I had not checked the 3 check boxes next to C:\Program Files (x86) Firetrust in EAM's whitelist. I just checked them. They are for Scanner, File Guard, and Behavior Blocker.

Now it's waiting for the next phishing spam and try again... :)

Archived