Add fuel (for SpamCop reporting account) broken

WVNicholson

I attempted to "add fuel to my account" by following the link to "Proceed to Verisign payment page". After entering credit card details, I eventually get the error message:

Transaction declined! Your transaction was approved! However, a communication error with the merchant's site occured.

The transaction has been voided, please contact the merchant.

When I follow the link at the bottom of Verisign's error page for "Information", I get to a Spamcop.net page with the following uninformative error message:

Unknown action failure

I've already made two attempts at payments - about a week ago - and another one today and it appears the problem is something that Spamcop - "the merchant" - has to resolve. I have snapshots of the relevant pages in PDF format that I can send by e-mail if necessary; but I doubt this will provide any new information apart from what is in my message above.

Also, the page at https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=paymenu that goes to the Verisign payment page refers to there being "two online payment options" when it appears in fact there is only one online payment option at present. I remember using Paypal to pay to "add fuel" to my reporting account in the past; but this does not seem to be available any more. I was actually wondering why Paypal is unavailable as a method of payment now?

Is anybody else having difficulties with this? (All of the other posts that I can find about "adding fuel" appear to be related to CES mail or very old),

William

Past 2 days when using my known-good corporate Visa card:

"Transaction declined!
Your transaction was approved! However, a communication error with the merchant's site occured.
The transaction has been voided, please contact the merchant."
When I click the "Information" button it redirects to https://www.spamcop.net/cgi-bin/spamcop/signup?action=failure
and states: "Unknown action failure"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is now mid Jan 2015 and the verasign payment system is still broken !

How about providing an email address or paypal account we can make a paypal to ?

Is the spamcop project so flush with money it doesent need our contributions any more ?

or are the contributions so few and far between that it is not worth the effort to fix ?

Archived