reporting it doesn't work - what do I do now?

kris

Using gmail web site

(files in spam folder)

show original

save to file

forward email to my special addy with

attached saved file.

Get answer from you, click on link

check parse results and send.

This works on all but t dot co and on dot ly if I am remembering correctly.

If I edit the file before attaching it and remove all traces of my email addy in the body, it slows them way down. For a day or 2.

Thoughts?

Don't know why. Do you mean that it takes "a day or 2" for you to get an email back from SpamCop after you submit the spam?

No, it takes a day or 2 for the spammer to get back to [spamming me] [at the rate of] maybe 5-10 spams a day. in those 2 days or so the rate is maybe 0-2 spams/day

EDIT: email reply from spamcop is always almost immediate.

EDIT ow dot ly

The fact that your efforts slow the spammers down for a day or two is a good thing.

Unfortunately, spammers move to different ISPs or wait for block list to drop their IP and start spamming again. This is an ongoing cycle.

Only in rare occasions do ISP block a customer. And when they do the spammers just move their domains and operations to a more willing provider.

On even rarer occasions do spammers actually quit or go to jail.

• 3 weeks later...

repeat: "If I edit the file before attaching it and remove all traces of my email addy in the body, it slows them way down. For a day or 2."

(especially the part before the [at] ) (headers AND body)

ow dot ly and t dot co have been at zero for 8 days now. still the daily one from .../oo/...

can't edit above any more:

They (spammers) will make a body with no workable links in it yet has my full email addy in it. LOL I blank it. They obviously want to know whom is reporting them! :)

can't edit above any more:

They (spammers) will make a body with no workable links in it yet has my full email addy in it. LOL I blank it. They obviously want to know whom is reporting them! :)

I use Gmail and just use SpamCop web to past "Gmails show original" onto.

I gave worrying about a spammer getting your email addy (they already have it)

Takes a bit of time but the spam does slow down

always a help to send

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6215163387z0ceea6d1bbfd7c090dac40b4c00f1876z

yes, but they obviously want to know who's reporting them - else they wouldn't go to the trouble to put my email addy, or part of it, in the body where I have to edit the original to see it and get rid of it, Since I've been doing that my repeat spam has gone way down. Makes no sense but it works.

Archived