Test topic

dbiel

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Test
  1. post_snapback.gif
  2. 58880[/snapback]

i. img fetched (only) when not logged in. When logged, opens link in new page

Not forgotten, it's just that I recall when I looked at this before my aunt died, there were some other issues beyond what you'd asked about. I will get back to it, sorry for the delay.

sorry for the delay.
You are expecting far more from yourself than anyone here is expecting. In fact you have been here much more than expected considering the current state of affairs.

You are expecting far more from yourself than anyone here is expecting.
Exactly right, I didn't anticipate a response - just seemed to have some interesting possibilities if left. Or it might be desirable to change the behavior. Nothing worth any sort of priority of itself. But raised partly because such things sometimes lead elsewhere, to more worthy things.

[sorry myself for not jumping in more quickly with assurances - a server or two seems to have briefly gone offline here with a local thunder storm. Send her down Hughie! Rain, that is, you can hold off on the St Barbara's dear old dad stuff.]

• 2 months later...

lɯ�‡ɥ�™dıl�Ÿ/ɯo�”�™pɐ�Ÿ�Œǝɹ�™ʍʍʍ//:d�‡�‡ɥ - dıl�Ÿ �ƒuı�‡sǝ�‡

Well, sort of cool. But of course it doesn't stand up to the quick edits.

lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ɯoɔ˙pɐɟʌǝɹ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ - dılɟ ƃuıʇsǝʇ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Spreadsheet with TABL codes - key entry 10/05/2012 9:00:00 AM (DD/MM/YYY regional setting) in PDT (-0700) zone. HOUR column, DAY and DATE by format (hh:ss, dddd & ddmm'yy). Other zones' HOUR, DAY & DATE by offset from key (1/24 increments). Copy, Paste into Notepad, Copy, Paste into Word, Ctrl-H find space, replace all (nothing) More button, Special button, find tab character, replace all, find paragraph mark, replace all.

Zone Hour Day Date
+1200 04:00 Friday 11May'12
+1100 03:00 Friday 11May'12
+1000 02:00 Friday 11May'12
+0900 01:00 Friday 11May'12
+0800 00:00 Friday 11May'12
+0700 23:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0600 22:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0500 21:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0400 20:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0300 19:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0200 18:00 Thursday 10May'12
+0100 17:00 Thursday 10May'12
0000 16:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0100 15:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0200 14:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0300 13:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0400 12:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0500 11:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0600 10:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0700 09:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0800 08:00 Thursday 10May'12
-0900 07:00 Thursday 10May'12
-1000 06:00 Thursday 10May'12
-1100 05:00 Thursday 10May'12
-1200 04:00 Thursday 10May'12

• 3 months later...

http://translate.google.com/#hi/en/%E0%A4%9C%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%AA%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B%0A%E0%A4%9C%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE%20%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%20%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B

Jaan pahachan ho, Jeena asaan ho. Okay, doesn't translate well - more along the lines of "(We should) get (properly) acquainted - (it would) make life more simple". Lines of the famous (in India) song resurrected in Heineken ads last year.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=XnBbjc5hmho&p=n

Music on hold for those scam calls - the tell-tale 3 seconds silence then "Hello? Mr

Ramsbotham

? My name is David, I'm from the Windows Support Centre, OK? And we've been detecting serious errors and downloads of suspicious and malicious files to your computer, OK? To fix this problem I first need you to press the Windows key on your keyboard OK?... Hello?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hxXu0qD9Nc

Report with the 6 digit pincode the scammers provide to take over the PC (via www.support.me, support.me, logmein.com, logmein123.com) and the date-time and timezone when provided to:

scamreport[at]logmein.com OR

https://secure.logmein.com/contactus

The domain mentioned belongs to LogMeIn and is intended for legitimate remote support use. Fraudulent or illegal use is a direct violation or our terms. It is something we take very seriously, act on immediately, and investigate thoroughly, sometimes in assistance of law enforcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like someone is now blocking connection to www.support.me from my location/provider (still up and running via proxies/watchmouse.com etc. also pings work from my PC) - somewhat misguided since it is a legitimate service, simply abused. Ah well, my favourite "Windows Support Center" still gave me a six-digit code to type in which I promptly e-mailed to scamreport[at]logmein.com :D

Anyone know the failure message if an incorrect code is entered there? Next time I might try stringing the scammers along using that, to see how many codes they will give me to report. Better in bulk, eh?

[edit] Ah, never mind, got it. It is

Code does not exist. Please contact your support provider.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someone is now blocking connection to www.support.me from my location/provider ...

Oh, www.support.me wasn't blocked by the way - just the "Windows Support Centre" favourite method of using the run box to access the internet. All sorts of other URL connects, except through a browser, affected as well (links from dialog boxes, tcpIQ dictionary consultations, attachments to Yahoo7 webmail compositions, etc. all suddenly not working). But, it turns out, following some update of something, one now needs to specify a default browser. Hitherto those connections initiated from outside a browser picked up IE if no default was set. That stopped following M$ apparently taking a rare step back from imposing itself. Once a default browser is specified, it all works again.

JIC others with multiple browsers experiencing the same (it was fair getting up my left nostril, I can tell you, so many possibilities to explore, so few clues). Microsoft update still opens via IE, if installed, regardless of the default (that's a good thing in my case). They haven't retreated all the way :D

• 6 months later...

(test remote img link, then remove)

Yep, Firefox addin "collusion" confirms information sent to remote location whenever the image is viewed (whenever page is loaded). Well, we knew that but still ...

That's (one of the reasons) why remote images are not allowed in these forums.

• 3 months later...

Talking of the "Collusion" Firefox addin, interesting what it shows when logging in to and (particularly) out of free webmail accounts:

Free Hotmail account: log in

When you visit live.com it informs the following websites about you.

• demdex.net
  • trouter.io
  • skype.com
  • live.net
  • msecnd.net
  • wlxrs.com
  • atdmt.com
  • msads.net
  • microsoft.com
  • bluekai.com
  • omtrdc.net
  • bkrtx.com
  • gfx.ms

The site live.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.

• msn.com
  • skype.com

log out

When you visit msn.com it informs the following websites about you.

• adnxs.com
  • live.com
  • cloudapp.net
  • facebook.com
  • twitter.com
  • 2mdn.net
  • mediaplex.com
  • mookie1.com
  • ebay.com
  • doubleclick.net
  • atdmt.com
  • facebook.net
  • visualrevenue.com
  • bing.com
  • msads.net
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • s-msn.com

********************************************************************************

Free Yahoo account: log in

When you visit yahoo.com it informs the following websites about you.

• imrworldwide.com
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • yimg.com
    • yieldmanager.com
    • abmr.net

The site yahoo.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.

• yimg.com

log out

When you visit yahoo.com it informs the following websites about you.

• yldmgrimg.net
  • dlqm.net
  • 2mdn.net
  • overture.com
  • questionmarket.com
  • doubleclick.net.
  • yahooapis.com
  • imrworldwide.com
  • scorecardresearch.com
  • yimg.com
    • tubemogul.com
    • adsfac.net
    • imrworldwide.com
    • yieldmanager.com
    • yahoo.com
    • abmr.net

The site yahoo.com is potentially aware of your visits to the following websites.

• yimg.com

********************************************************************************

Well, we knew "free" to be a relative term - no wonder SuperAntiSpyware gets such a workout scrubbing "adware" cookies every time it is run.

• 6 years later...