All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. petzl

no reporting for IP 109.94.2.125

get a windows computer program http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html or use a web whois search https://dnslytics.com/whois-lookup Then you can also send to a Countries Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) https://www.first.org/members/teams/
  3. HeatherReid43

419 email report abuse@ocn.ad.jp auto responder ?

latest report https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?i=z6974660072z5159aed205794c4a50f29084bbc8b0bbz
  4. Lking

😁 But on the edge Rob.
  5. RobiBue

If I query ARIN, I am told it’s a RIPE address... and the abuse email address given, ending in “.ru” does not help my confidence in its trustworthiness... I apologize to all honest Russians, but living here in the Americas leaves me with little trust in Russian owned web addresses. In God I trust, but not in Товарищ владимир и собрат дональд
  6. Lking

Heather(?) Sometimes 'Things come to those who wait.' When I looked at the link now, then your report was 6 hrs old I see
  7. I just reported a spam originating from 109.94.2.125 which can be seen from here https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?i=z6974558581z7171c5b9efb8309dff9f15dbf8421578z how do i get the correct reporting address ?
  8. Last week
  9. Lking

forum spam handling

Rob, Thanks for your concern and active efforts to control of this forurm's spam. I think your suggestions is overly complicated. Currently: I review each new post to this forum. Hide the spam Restrict the poster from posting - Indefinitely Send a warning email Report the spam to: FaceBook if appropriate Stop Forum spam https://www.stopforumspam.com/ when I have time. In the morning after getting required quantities carbs, sugar and caffeine I start reviewing post. Also randomly during the day and last thing at night. The timing, depending on the time of year, is UTC -6/7h so some may see the spam longer than others. Rob it is apparent that many mornings you get to the forum before I do. Currently there are some 4,450 member accounts ban from posting. Banning vs deleting an account prevents spammers from reusing an email address or user name.
  10. RobiBue

forum spam handling

I just had a brainfart (pardon my French)... Sooo, we have these pesky little 💩 that think that the readers of these forums are interested in their spew 🤮 Well, here is my proposal to alleviate the problem: Reported posts receive a mark/counter (see below: 1 reported...) Posts that are less than 24 hours old and reported more than 3 times get hidden (can be unhid[sic] by the user if he/she so desires) A user with a post reported 4 times would be prevented from posting in the forum (reading is ok, and pm an admin to ask for unblocking) Eventually a forum admin can do some garbage collection (GC) the way they usually do it this would be the forum view with all topics displayed (the two marked "4 reported" would be hidden by default) This would be the "Unread" topics view (hey, no spam but only if 4 reported them beforehand) in Content Types, the user could choose to see the spam (unless the forum admin already done the GC) Suggestions or ideas (or the other way around) are always welcome.
  11. Spamcop parser says "No reporting addresses found", RIPE whois says "Abuse contact for '79.175.128.0 - 79.175.191.255' is 'abuse@afranet.com'"
  12. This is to help innocent people realise how poor Google GMAIL (Free) filters are. The following tests recorded massive failures: 1. From field - if you put in any wildcards such as the following the filter will start capturing false positives and you will end up filtering innocent emails from:(*@*.*.ar) will filter addresses such as name@ar.sub.domain Therefore job sites use long links and if they have an ar as in this scenario in any part of the domain it will be filtered even though the filter is specific. The spammers do this to stuff your filters up. They study what is put into AbuseIPDB and SPAMCOP to screw the user making a complaint. ADVICE - only use a minimum of 2 parts which is not always possible e.g. *@*.com.ar (Go fix or delete these immediately as Googles AI and highly paid idiots are too dumb) They won't hire me as they would need to get rid of there playtime slides and become professionals instead of little energetic juveniles which the company tries to use to sack older staff. 2. Subject field - the spammers have found another huge hole in the filter system The spammers change the case of the word you filter in the original headers. GMAIL fails to translate the character sets to what you see on the email message nor does it ignore case which should be mandatory in any simpleton model. subject:(bitcoin) subject:(Bitcoin) The above work only sometimes. Cases that fail totally: bitCOin is the spelling in the headers but the email shows bitcoin In the headers if strange character sets are used GMAIL can't interpret them as foreign and uses best look when the email shows. Also if there is punctuation next to the word it may also fail. SUMMARY - Google is failing with basic filters. It does not translate characters in headers directly to the email presentation which screws basic users so filters become annoying. You need to be a pro to know this so the google certified staff are idiots at best. Wildcards are stuffed and the POSIX rules are poorly implemented. Google AI is bullsh** as humans create the algorithms so some Google employees are sh** kickers at best. The above are basic for a pro to find and fix. Most users are not pros and nor should they be. These are 20 year old holes. Hire another stupid kid who likes slides. SCUM company.
  13. petzl

spam via VPN

By not running a Virus/Malware program there is no way of knowing when/if your computer has been compromised This is also now "smart TV", "smart phone". smart fridge and so-on
  14. Lking

Spell Checking

SpamCop spamvertize mailhost blocklist
  15. Lking

spam via VPN

Same old problem with/without VPN. "Its just an email for aunt Mable"
  16. Earlier
  17. petzl

spam via VPN

A lot of VPN problems are due to compromised accounts. Seems there are a lot who won't run a Virus/Malware program I use two, Windows defender and SpyHunter Both can be a pain to set-up properly and they are always "updating", requiring watching!
  18. Lking

spam via VPN

It does depend on the VPN/PIA provider. The service I use has contacted me a couple of times because of the level of activity between me and spamcop.net On the other hand I am amused by the adds/weather from Huston or Washington DC depending where I connect. When I first signed on, there was lots of discussion between us about them not tolerating any activity by me that took advantage of being hidden. Privacy was a different issue.
  19. MIG

spam via VPN

NordVPN 🤐🙄☹️ G🦗H read "internet privacy vs internet piracy"🙃
  20. RobiBue

spam via VPN

Now that's a new one to me! https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6558965774z4e9bfbe926ede8ccf1c336a6fb42d396z I wasn't thinking much about it when I sent the report, but today I received the following reply from NordVPN abuse desk: well, internet privacy vs internet privacy. ain't that swell...
  21. RobiBue

The problem against spam users.

Around 20 years ago, I used to send my wife occasional emails that would look like she sent them to me, just to make sure that she understood that anybody could send an email with spoofed/fake names. So the From: line in the headers is only valid for “trusted” emails. (And then, only if you trust them ) As Lking states, the Received: line in the headers is the one that gets you closest to the original sender. Many times, though, a computer is hacked and some malware is installed, sending the spam from that computer without the knowledge of the real user. Sending spam reports to the ISP of said user is necessary to alert the ISP that the user is either a spammer or has compromised hardware. It is also possible that a company has their own mail server which is open and can be used as a proxy. For the latter, it is also important to have their ISP inform them that they are running an open proxy allowing spammers to abuse their system. HTH
  22. Lking

The source of an email can be identified by the FROM: line or the IP address found in the list of Received: lines in the header. The FROM: which looks like a good choice and is valid for all legitimate emails emails you received, it is easy to forge by the spammer (or anyone) and maybe a valid email for someone totally unrelated to the source of the spam. Although it could be a Joe Job, The forged/spoofed FROM: is just a randomly selected mailbox. The IP address found in the header Received: lines must point back to the true source (well mostly). If the IP address is not correct the network will not be able to do the required handshaking as the email (packets) move through the network to the destination. As you correctly observe, anyone using the same IP address will also be blocked along with the spammer who shares the IP address. But this is why spam reports are sent to the managers of the IP address i.e. the abuse[at]... for the IP address or block of addresses. This gives a 'caring" admin the opportunity check their logs, identify the sender and crush the bugs using their bandwidth. This is a good reason to have a dedicated IP address, especially if you rely on you email being delivered.
  23. MIG

Hey Nickjonson, Could you provide some more specific, detailed information so we can answer address the questions please? Re: "we might get rid of the real users", (imo) there's always a "risk" however, it's not common... Have you had this happen, can you clarify please? Do you have any Spamcop tracking urls please? Please let us know? Cheers! G🦗H
  24. nickjonson

I see one problem is that when fighting spam users with an IP address, we might get rid of the real users without the stupid bot. What should I do?
  25. Hello Jelmer, Yep, noted the emphasis on "when I have time"🙂. The "essay" is a good read, even tho I'm disappointed it will be good to know if the solution works, let us know, when you have time😉 Cheers! G🦗H
  26. RobiBue

Report Ends With "Parsing Header:"

/me/ stands corrected. Thank you 😊. wasn’t aware that the headers could share importance with a DB file structure (mbox in this case)
  27. Jelmer Jellema

Report Ends With "Parsing Header:"

I'm afraid I am not looking into that. I just thought I fixed our "parse and report spam" scri_pt to check for the .issue before sending it to spamcop. What we do now: Any received spam (either by us or by trusted clients who can report it to us) is send to spamcop and our "leerspam" parser (learn spam) Spamcop is then handled through the web interface for checking and reporting The leerspam parser will check the attachments and feed them to sa-learn What I want to change (when I have time) Any received spam is send to a new "report spam" parser, as an attachment The "report spam" parser will check the attachments and feed them to sa-learn It will also check the attachments, when needed fix the .issue, and send them to spamcop The essential part of this essay being when I have time, as always. Regards, Jelmer
  1. Load more activity