I have been trying to figure this on my own with no success. I have very limited understanding of technical problems like these but a lot of tenacity in trying to solve them. I have read as much as I could before posting, but I am still foggy on what I can do to help myself. I would REALLY appreciate your assistance.
This is the history of the problem:
Our household has a desktop with a router and a laptop. The problem is with the laptop. I am using Outlook to send/receive emails from a couple of yahoo accounts I have. A couple of months ago I noticed that my emails are being directed to people's spam folders but ignored it. About a week ago, I sent out a personal email to a few recipients, and two of them were bounced back to me with my DNS listed with SpamCop. I delisted myself and waited out a bit. I have not sent any emails from Outlook except 3 or 4 a day just to test whether I was delisted as promised. No such luck.
Upon being blocked, I ran all sorts of scans on my computer and removed a Trojan. I thought that would fix everything. It's been a few days now, but every time I try to email out, I get a bounce from SpamCop. When I follow the link, I get "it'll be delisted in 22 hours"; so I wait 22 hours and try again and yet another DNS gets blocked and so it goes. This is the email I get back:
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<xxx[at]1111spiritroad.com>: [this type of bounce is typical for multiple domains - my note]
Remote host said: 550 http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?22.214.171.124" [RCPT_TO] [the last three digits vary each time I do an email test - my note]
--- Below this line is a copy of the message.
Received: from [126.96.36.199] by nm1.bullet.mail.sg1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Apr 2011 04:20:41 -0000
Received: from [188.8.131.52] by tm1.bullet.mail.sg1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Apr 2011 04:20:41 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1004.mail.sg1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Apr 2011 04:20:41 -0000
Received: (qmail 29367 invoked from network); 5 Apr 2011 04:20:40 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1301977240; bh=oTo87cJ4MZAZ/P49rPCZeN1vxe+uQR7VWry64Q471H8=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=iE39Ec6hSayNa+4C7VhsAvX/oBNZJO0zFrkXBKRqEt0PGTsp1j+H5DLSUpRZCsCMSn9bvRL3pgEEW2Thhi3bbqU1qbV0kGkz4lXkXKHIXWt72bc3QOH+lPfwodARrfkDkgTJbw0ueXJW9rBd7mkor2iujJUPk8jEo958O4sNV3Y=
Received: from "laptop name" (xxx[at]184.108.40.206 with login)
by smtp114.mail.sg1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 05 Apr 2011 12:20:40 +0800 SGT
I have contacted my ISP (shaw in Canada), who say it's not their fault and directed me to yahoo mail services. I have sent an email to them with no response (2 days ago). I really don't know what to do.
I hope I have given you enough information here to guide me to a solution.
Thank you so much for looking at this.