ctgreybeard

Members
  • Content count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ctgreybeard

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. I pasted and submitted a spam to report and instead of the usual reporting form I only received three lines of the header on the page: SpamCop v 4.8.6 © 2017 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference: https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6360253095z26531fef74524e8cbf5c0cfc590dbfc1z Nothing else. This happened to two different spam reports, others since have been "reportable." I logged in using three different browsers and all three show only those lines when clicking on the "Report Now" link when I log in. Any ideas?
  2. That's interesting. I wouldn't expect mailhost differences to affect the parsing of the email body but so be it. Maybe fixing this will fix the general problem that I see with URLs followed immediately by any HTML tag. This instance just seems to have the strongest effect.
  3. Yes, that was me. You can easily duplicate the problem by copying either the sample that I posted or the one above and pasting into the reporting form. I would be interested in finding out if you get the same result. As I said above I have tried three very different browsers, including Lynx, and get the same result. Obviously don't actually report the spam samples. The problem lies in the URL followed immediately by the title tag. It throws the parser off apparently. And, forrie, just click the "Remove unreported spam" link on the report form, that will remove these from your report queue.
  4. See my post a little bit below. I had the same problem with one repeating spam email. It has a "<title>" tag immediately after a URL and that seems to have messed up the reporting form. To "fix" it I simply insert a single space before the "<title>" tag and that makes the report appear correctly. I've sent a copy of the email in to see if someone can work on the problem. Generally, I find that tags that appear immediately after a URL cause spamcop to burp but this is the pretty bad because you have no buttons to use to report the spam.
  5. I should also have provided the tracking URL I guess (I haven't posted here in a long time ...) https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6129203194zbbcd52cadd57eb60b973ea79301c4e31z
  6. The following spam (it's short) cannot be reported because the report form cuts off. I used Chrome, Safari, and Lynx to test it and they all stop before the form completes. Delivered-To: x Received: by 10.28.143.194 with SMTP id r185csp1093506wmd; Sat, 30 May 2015 11:10:21 -0700 (PDT) X-Received: by 10.52.227.42 with SMTP id rx10mr14659015vdc.14.1433009421545; Sat, 30 May 2015 11:10:21 -0700 (PDT) Return-Path: <SRS0=ruJu=GJ=aol.com=sharingservices[at]bounce2.pobox.com> Received: from pb-mx6.pobox.com (pb-mx6.pobox.com. [208.72.237.142]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id bk10si11312116vdd.59.2015.05.30.11.10.21 for <x> (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Sat, 30 May 2015 11:10:21 -0700 (PDT) Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of SRS0=ruJu=GJ=aol.com=sharingservices[at]bounce2.pobox.com designates 208.72.237.142 as permitted sender) client-ip=208.72.237.142; Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of SRS0=ruJu=GJ=aol.com=sharingservices[at]bounce2.pobox.com designates 208.72.237.142 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=SRS0=ruJu=GJ=aol.com=sharingservices[at]bounce2.pobox.com; dmarc=fail (p=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=aol.com Received: from pb-mx6.int.icgroup.com (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by pb-mx6.pobox.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id EA0F2155FE for <x>; Sat, 30 May 2015 14:10:20 -0400 (EDT) X-Pobox-Loop-ID: 2726d96a2c216c4cb87f168104bcb08bcc6218c0 Delivered-To: x X-Pobox-Delivery-ID: E285A2-B24FE155F9-1433009420-35821533!pb-mx6.int.icgroup.com Received: from taclomr-m01.mx.aol.com (taclomr-m01.mx.aol.com [64.12.232.235]) by pb-mx6.pobox.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id B24FE155F9 for <x>; Sat, 30 May 2015 14:10:20 -0400 (EDT) Received: from vm-149-174-150-116.asset.aol.com (vm-149-174-150-116.asset.aol.com [149.174.150.116]) by taclomr-m01.mx.aol.com (v117.7) with ESMTP id MAILOMRM015-845c5569fd0822c; Sat, 30 May 2015 14:10:16 -0400 From: sharingservices[at]aol.com Reply-To: yarroyo[at]live.com To: z, x, q Message-ID: <1881421801.50083553.1433009416209.JavaMail.dpadmin[at]vm-149-174-150-116.asset.aol.com> Subject: Your friend recommends an article for you: "Extra cash online" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From-IP-Address: 172.29.24.161 X-AOL-IP: 149.174.150.116 X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:0:2:303916608:93952408 X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:0 X-Pobox-Client-Address: 64.12.232.235 X-Pobox-Client-Name: taclomr-m01.mx.aol.com X-Pobox-Client-HELO: taclomr-m01.mx.aol.com X-Pobox-Original-Sender: sharingservices[at]aol.com Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 14:10:20 -0400 (EDT) Hello We're searching for people who are considering working at home online, using just your computer. Read on, if this is really something you'd have an interest in. Read more at http://fw.to/6BYjcTL<title>yarroyo[at]live.com has shared an article with you</title>
  7. That's great news! Edit: YAY! Patience pays off. My account is now enabled! Thanks unseen admins!
  8. Wow, sounds like Spamcop is effective. They wouldn't attack something that didn't bother them. ... Waiting patiently ... Bill
  9. When I first connected to Spamcop this morning I was getting some mixed up pages about 1/2 the time then, all of a sudden, it showed that my account was disabled. I think I had reported one spam at that point. I have been unable to report anything since. I didn't receive any email about my account and my report has gone unanswered so far. I only have to assume that they are working on it. Bill W