[Resolved] Forum formatting

StevenUnderwood

This morning I am seeing every section in the forum centered which is making it quite hard to read. Are others seeing this as well?

P.S. Yes, I am still around, just not posting (as much).

I'm similarly around but not seeing the centred effect you describe :)

Andrew

its all centered where I stand, looks rather funny...

Glad it is not just me... I am seeing this from work on IE7 and Safari 3.2.1

FireFox (2.0.0.12+) and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both appear correctly.

I duplicated this on a direct cable connection as well.

Glad it is not just me... I am seeing this from work on IE7 and Safari 3.2.1

FireFox (2.0.0.12+) and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both appear correctly.

I duplicated this on a direct cable connection as well.

From work (on WinDoze) I can second the above, except for the Sea Monkey part. Will check the Mac when I get home.

-- rick

I see the text being centered on Mac OS X 10.5, in both Safari and Omniweb (not surprising since the latter uses the same framework as the former).

Also a possible problem near the top of the page, near the "spamcop.net" banner -- I see a stray HTML comment closing tag, as well as an apparent duplication of the banner graphic in a new box above where it is supposed to be.

Looks like maybe some bit got flipped somewhere.

-- rick

And IE 7.0.6001.18000 on Vista everything is centered.

But not FireFox 3.0.5

Ditto but Win XP. It is fine (not centred) on Mozilla 1.7.13 (cries of gladness resound from all quadrants and above and below as well).

Weird .... basically, I duplicated a block of code, commented-out the original secrion, changed the URL in the duplicate/new section .. saved the code. FireFox 3.05 under Ubuntu 8.04, no problem seen. A little bit ago, pulled up the stats page under IE7, Win-XP-Pro, saw the 'damaged' logo section (didn't actually notice the 'centered' issue, as I didn't look much further down the page)

Fixed the stats page links, then hit the page-header code, deleted the 'new' section, uncommented-out the original code block, changed the URL, resaved that block of code .... had to re-edit to remove an extra set of quotation marks added in during a cut/paste operation ... resaved yet again .. seems ok now under both browsers, systems ...???

Yes I need an eye exam in order to get some new glasses, however, this simply isn't in the budget .... perhaps I need to simply go back to 800x600 resolution so I can actually 'see' some of this stuff ...????

...Yes I need an eye exam in order to get some new glasses, however, this simply isn't in the budget .... perhaps I need to simply go back to 800x600 resolution so I can actually 'see' some of this stuff ...????
:lol: Have a care! I recall a Ray Bradbury story about a kid whose Mom's cooking was exceptional, exuberant, unpredictable, unmatched - always inspired, to live for or to die for. Then she got new glasses and all the magic went away.

Looks as though we are back on the beam ... looks good on the Mac.

Glasses are overrated -- remember, James Joyce finished Finnegan's Wake with eyesight so bad he had to write about five big words per page. Of course, some would say that the product reflects the process ...

-- rick

Archived