[Resolved] Getting a LOT of MySQL errors from reporting system

DavidT

In the process of reporting a single spam manually, after the parsing was done and I clicked on the final submit, I received the following page of MySQL errors:

putRow The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement (1290)/sc?

putRow The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement (1290)/sc?

Sorry, failed to get reportid from database, will not send.

I reloaded the page and the reports got sent, but I don't remember seeing the system doing this before...I think there are some problems.

DT

All previous entries I came up with all pointed to issues with the Parsing & Reporting System having issues. However, those instances also included newsgroup and Forum traffic galore .... thus far, you seem to be alone ..??? No "news" posted, not other comments ...??? Graph looks like things are screaming out the door.

All previous entries I came up with all pointed to issues with the Parsing & Reporting System having issues. However, those instances also included newsgroup and Forum traffic galore .... thus far, you seem to be alone ..??? No "news" posted, not other comments ...??? Graph looks like things are screaming out the door.

Good points, but you saw the confirmation that I was indeed correct. I'm often the first to discover and report problems....this one just happened to be cleared up before others realized that there was indeed a problem.

DT

...this one just happened to be cleared up before others realized that there was indeed a problem.
Just so - I saw some 'stutters' some time before your opening post but was able to press on through with reporting. But I was not seeing the SQL messages - obviously that was happening a little later, while things were being actively fixed. Don's standard advice being to partake of one's favorite beverage and have a quick lie-down until it is over. But, appreciation David, a sentinel post is no waste of space - no one can know at the onset how long it will be.

Archived