Sign in to follow this  
Borgholio

[Resolved] Popgate not fetching from AOL accounts

For the last few days, Spamcop was not fetching mail from my Hotmail and AOL accounts. Both of them were receiving "Invalid Password" errors, and both were using popgate.cesmail.net as the POP server. I fixed the Hotmail account by switching to popgate2.cesmail.net, but AOL is still having problems. Does cesmail no longer support AOL?

I use "imap.aol.com" as the POP server value for AOL in my SpamCop options and it works fine...has for years. For Hotmail, I recently switched to "pop3.live.com" using SSL (as per a recent announcement here). Popping a free Yahoo account seems to be broken, however.

DT

Edited by DavidT

That seems to have done the trick,...

Thanks for the update, thanks DT for the precise solution - marking resolved with this post.

Popping a free Yahoo account seems to be broken, however.

I had stopped a while back but had some messages in my yahoo account I wanted a couple of weeks back, so tried a few things again.

It is currently working for me with the New Yahoo Mail (not Classic, which was my fix the last time) and popgate2.

It is currently working for me with the New Yahoo Mail (not Classic, which was my fix the last time) and popgate2.

I tried switching to the New Yahoo Mail today and nothing has shown up yet via popgate2. I'll try deleting and recreating the entry.

DT