[Resolved] My emails to myself don't arrive

I sometimes use Spamcop to do a quick backup by attaching a file to an email addressed to myself. This has worked fine until recently: now a copy of the email appears in sent-mail, but it never arrives in my Inbox. My own email address is not in any of my filters. Help!

I sometimes use Spamcop to do a quick backup by attaching a file to an email addressed to myself. This has worked fine until recently: now a copy of the email appears in sent-mail, but it never arrives in my Inbox. My own email address is not in any of my filters. Help!

Are you using a SpamCop email account? Have you checked your held messages? If you use all of the filters, it will likely be in the Held Mail because the spamcop server is on one of the BL's.

Are you using a SpamCop email account? Have you checked your held messages? If you use all of the filters, it will likely be in the Held Mail because the spamcop server is on one of the BL's.

*slaps forehead* Of course! Thanks - I've whitelisted myself now. :lol:

*slaps forehead* Of course! Thanks - I've whitelisted myself now. :lol:

Be careful of that as it could cause more spam to get through. Spammers have been known to use the recipients address as the sender to try and get their messages through those types of openings.

Tagging this as resolved.

Be careful of that as it could cause more spam to get through. Spammers have been known to use the recipients address as the sender to try and get their messages through those types of openings.

... hell's bells, that's exactly what's happening! Dozens of them this morning. So whitelisting myself isn't a good solution. I'll have to play around with the filters a bit and see if I can separate the legit messages from the spam sent in my name.

Archived