[Resolved] MailHost; Spamcop account configuration: success; Sorry, your account has been disabled.

How long is MailHost configuration meant to take?!!!

I configured MailHost and have received the "Spamcop account configuration: success" notice but "Report spam" tab still says "account has been disabled".

I also used "contact SpamCop service" yesterday, but I have not gotten any help as yet.

PS: Is it possible to get withdraw symptoms :unsure: from being unable to report spam? 'cause if so, I think I may be undertaking legal advise :ph34r: very soon!

I configured MailHost and have received the "Spamcop account configuration: success" notice but "Report spam" tab still says "account has been disabled".

...Sounds like you have a problem unique to your reporting account or setup. I'd suggest you contact the SpamCop staff member who handles MailHost issues at service[at]spamcop.net. I don't know how long it will take the staff person to turn around your request, so be a bit patient.
I also used "contact SpamCop service" yesterday, but I have not gotten any help as yet.

<snip>

...Thanks, glad you found that link! As I understand it, the folks who look at requests submitted that way are few and very busy so it may take a while. service[at]spamcop.net is a better bet, I believe.

Normally, as long as it takes for the 'discovery' e-mails to make it to you and you you return them.

This is not a MailHost Configuration problem. You need to figure out why your account was disabled. If it was for breaking the Rules you would normally have received an e-mail about that. If there was some other issue, that would normally be somehow depicted/defined on your "logged-in" www.spamcop.net web-page. What do you see there?

PS: Is it possible to get withdraw symptoms :unsure: from being unable to report spam? 'cause if so, I think I may be undertaking legal advise :ph34r: very soon!

I believe this question boils down to the above .. the reason "why" your account was disabled. Not sure at all just what legalities you believe might be involved. Worst case you could ask for a refund of any money involved/left, but you didn't get around to stating just what type of account you're talking about.

I think the OP was making a joke about 'spam reporting withdrawal' <g>

No joke: Wazoo needs lots of detail to troubleshoot. You need to be more specific about your account type, why you decided you needed Mailhosts, did you get an email that you had broken rules? I know it is hard sometimes to anticipate what troubleshooters need to know, but do your best to include as much information as you can (except don't publish your 'secret' spamcop number in the forum).

I don't know, for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if official spamcop doesn't get the same kind of details, then your email for help goes to the bottom of the pile to be answered - when they have the time to figure out what is the problem.

IOW, try to put as many details into whatever email or post you make that will give the recipient(s) something to work with.

It is really satisfying to know that you have 'done something' about spam, isn't it? I love sending reports!

Miss Betsy

Thanks turetzsr, and Miss Betsy. My query to service[at]spamcop.net was swiftly resolved and it's working again now ^_^.
Thanks for the feedback - Don (service[at]) is the king when it comes to sorting out these things. Marking 'Resolved'

Archived