ALL my mail and folders are GONE

All my folders, all my mail, everything has vanished! completely and totally gone! Every single folder, piece of mail going back years has vanished today! How do I get it back? Please?????????

Same here. When you get your messages back, I suggest you back them up with IMAPSize.

why would I want to do that? I read my mail via Webmail.spamcop.net? It's not my job to do backups since I don't draw my mail down locally.

Well, you may want to from time to time if you can not afford to be without those messages. I do not believe anywhere in the agreement is the clause that your messages will always be backed up and retrievable. It would likely be done on a best effort case.

Well, you may want to from time to time if you can not afford to be without those messages. I do not believe anywhere in the agreement is the clause that your messages will always be backed up and retrievable. It would likely be done on a best effort case.

I went and looked at the program you mention, but can't see how it works in conjunction with spamcop... any hints? It needed a port - I don't know that information - only my login.

I went and looked at the program you mention, but can't see how it works in conjunction with spamcop... any hints? It needed a port - I don't know that information - only my login.

You may want to check the property settings of the imap client you are currently using. though I am not exactly sure what they are asking for.

I tried to find some info on their FAQ site but there was no setup info available, unless it is part of the installation package which I did not want to download.

The standard IMAP settings for SpamCop are:

Server Name:

• imap.spamcop.net

Incoming Mail Port settings:

• Standard Port 143
  • SSL Port 993

Archived