Accessing Held Mail through Webmail

What's the purpose of the different options for accessing Held Mail through Webmail? If I choose Held Mail from the toolbar I'm swithced away to a web page outside of Webmail. If I use the drop down on the right hand side of the toolbar to select the Held Mail folder I'm switiched to a view of Held Mail inside Webmail.

At first I hadn't discovered the drop down and was using the Held Mail Icon. This forces a log in and sometimes doesn't display the held mail page.

the freedom of choices :)

the right hand drop down uses IMP client locally, where your held email really is. I prefer this way as it is fast. Also you can turn preview on so you get the first few bytes of each message. This is normally enough to confirm that it is spam.

The other held email link is what is known as VER and is a result of the held email being dragged via IMAP over to another machine. You can report from there as well and it should result in the same (as quick reporting that is)

The 2nd incarnation is the first interface to held email, the first one mentioned above has since been added when the nice webmail client came along.

If  I choose Held Mail from the toolbar I'm swithced away to a web page outside of Webmail.

This access allows you to report not just the spam's origin, but also finds spamvertised websites in the body of the message and allows you to report them as well -- this is currently not available from within webmail, but may be some day.

Archived